Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Yongnuo recycle time test.

swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yongnuo recycle time test.

So out of curiosity as to whether or not I should bring my HV battery packs on a shoot I decided to test out if they're actually worth the weight.

Well it turns out not really but sometimes. With my YN-560 II attached to an HV battery pack my recycle time is under 1.5 seconds. Using just Eneloops it's about 2.5 seconds. This is at 1/1 full power. At 1/2 power the recycle time is under a second with just the Eneloops so it's not that big a deal.

Now I know from experience just using the Eneloop batteries that the recycle time will increase as it drains and that using the HV battery allows me to go all night long with superfast recycles when I'm photographing wedding receptions. But for a quick portrait session or real estate assignment. Using just the flash with Eneloops is no big deal especially if you're not going to be at full power.

I did a quick video to show the difference between Eneloops + HV battery, Eneloops alone and plain alkaline AA's.

http://youtu.be/B76M5yV3y6w

Sep 19, 2013 at 06:15 PM
LandoCol
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yongnuo recycle time test.

very informative, thank you.

Sep 23, 2013 at 02:05 PM
amacal1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yongnuo recycle time test.

I'd be careful firing Yongnuos at full blast at a rapid pace. I burned out my first 3 YN-460 II's doing that. Heck, not even full pops burned them out!

I did eventually enjoy using my YN 460 II's for white a while after I learned to back off on the pace. I now have YN-560 III's and enjoy those as well. I know they're supposed to have more advanced thermal management, but I still don't trust them.

Just my $0.02

Sep 23, 2013 at 02:59 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password