FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · NEX6 50mm-e options?

Bijltje
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · NEX6 50mm-e options?

douglasf13 wrote:
Outside of the Sigma 30, if I was still actively shooting NEX, I'd probably just get the Touit 32, myself.

+1. Those two would be my choice as well. ZEISS if the budget is there, else the sigma.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:04 PM
alwang
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · NEX6 50mm-e options?

mawz wrote:
It does sharpen up pretty quick in the centre, but it doesn't get really excellent until f4.

I do agree it's more a case of value than performance. Frankly it should be a $200 lens and would be reasonable at $300 but at its current pricing it's too much money for not enough performance at wide apertures.

The way I look at it, the Sigma 30/2.8 is a $200 lens. The Sigma gets a lot of love, but the direct comparisons I've seen show the Sony is as good or better than it at all apertures. I think it's reasonable then to add $100 for more than a stop of speed. It's also reasonable to add $100 for OSS, if you compare what any other company charges for stabilization. We're not even factoring in that the Sony is built better, focuses faster, and starts up faster. So I think $400 is a fair price for the Sony 35, and the current $450 list price is a little high.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:27 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · NEX6 50mm-e options?

Jabberwockt wrote:
I think one could easily spend more money and do worse.

It kind of depends on personal threshold for acceptable sharpness. The Contax35/1.4 for example doesn't nearly have the resolving power of the ZE/ZF equivalent, but i still kind of like it. The G35, it isnt perfect but it isn't bad either. It's at least average...

I have a 40/2 in my mailbox, I hope you are right about it.

i hope i am too.

some people seem to have been unimpressed by there copies of the lens, but their descriptions of performance seem to indicate bad copies.

in my experience btw, the c/y 35/1.4 was sharper wide open than the g 35/2 at portrait distance (infinity was a more of a wash). for the price of the g35 i would probably get the sony which seems to perform better in most areas except color (i've never used it though, so i'm just going on the tests of others).

wrt to the sigma, i have to say it's an awesome bargain at the $100 i paid for it, but i never used it again after doing a brief comparison to my g28.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:56 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · NEX6 50mm-e options?

Withdrawn. I didn't read enough to realize you wanted 50 equiv.

Sep 22, 2013 at 04:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.