Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

A break from birds (florals)(5)

Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

I'm feeling like taking some abuse so I decided to post some flowers I have had laying about. Some real tight, some not so much. Feel free to C&C, I KNOW they are not for everybody

Tim

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    150mm lens    150mm    f/2.8    1/2500s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    150mm lens    150mm    f/2.8    1/1250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D X    EF500mm f/4L IS II USM lens    500mm    f/4.0    1/640s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D X    EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/2500s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D X    EF500mm f/4L IS II USM lens    500mm    f/8.0    1/800s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 19, 2013 at 02:35 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Well the first two are certainly not like the others. They have an artsy feel that I quite like. The vibrancy of the third is amazing...the fourth has that cool halo around the whole flower which makes it appear as if it is giving off an aura...pretty neat. The last is my favorite as I really love the symmetry of the flower petals and leaf.
But hey what the heck do I know about flowers other than they cost a lot on Mother's Day!
Eric

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Ohhhhhh buddy look what you have done

You have 'connected' with your subjects in special ways here Tim, that is a great thing on florals.
As I am typing this to you about florals a wonderful V-formation of Canada Geese just zoomed by my office window, how ironic

#1 gosh Rather seductive and sensual...........lips
#2 a little bit can be a lot, nice vision here
#3 I see where you were going here but think the peek of yellow needed to be the pinpoint focus on this one but I still am liking it overall
#4 I like these more when they have bloomed out in to hundreds of tiny flowers
#5 love the mop-top floral, interesting how the intrusion of the leaf is not really an intrusion This comp balances nicely my friend, I like it!

Oh darn, that is all................all good

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:24 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Oh, they certainly are wonderful and I like them all I love the selective focus on the dew drops and petals in the first 2.
The light on 3 is beautiful.

Great set.

Birdie

Sep 19, 2013 at 05:02 PM
BeeBalm
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Tim,
Beautiful set.
The first two are very unique and the water droplets are neat!!
The fourth one is my most favorite - very pretty!!!
BeeBalm

Sep 19, 2013 at 05:12 PM
Rob Tillyer
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Awesome stuff Tim, see what you can do when all them birds get out of the way. #2 is my favouritest.

Rob

Sep 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Nice set Tim! That first one has a little "Georgia O'Keefe" style going on #3 is my pick of the set!

Greg

Sep 19, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

eyelaser wrote:
Well the first two are certainly not like the others. They have an artsy feel that I quite like. The vibrancy of the third is amazing...the fourth has that cool halo around the whole flower which makes it appear as if it is giving off an aura...pretty neat. The last is my favorite as I really love the symmetry of the flower petals and leaf.
But hey what the heck do I know about flowers other than they cost a lot on Mother's Day!
Eric

You know what you know, know that? Oh no, here we go. Hop on Pop, one fish two fish

Just trying to divert attention

Thank you for your thoughts Eric, to be honest I'm glad you see what you do in 4, I wanted that but I didn't want it to be too strong. The last was one I finally got around to yesterday morning, I really liked it, got home from work and still liked it, so I posted it

Tim

Sep 19, 2013 at 07:22 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Karl Witt wrote:

Ohhhhhh buddy look what you have done

You have 'connected' with your subjects in special ways here Tim, that is a great thing on florals.
As I am typing this to you about florals a wonderful V-formation of Canada Geese just zoomed by my office window, how ironic

#1 gosh Rather seductive and sensual...........lips
#2 a little bit can be a lot, nice vision here
#3 I see where you were going here but think the peek of yellow needed to be the pinpoint focus on this one but I still am liking
...Show more

Your encouragement is greatly appreciated Karl I do feel more inspired by setting up florals than I ever had, they are growing on me. To funny about the geese!! I hope they didn't leave you any gifts on the cars

1 I call them how I see them
2 I took a bunch of these, I had a vision of what I wanted, this was the closest
3 Okay, I'll take your opinion on this one. I was on the fence, when taking it I clearly wanted the yellow to be OOF. When I got home I felt they way you do. When I started to mess with it in post I liked it blurry, kind of suggestive. All that said you are probably right
4 okay, I caught this guy early in the day
5 this one I set up in field to be like this and I'm really happy with it

Thanks for the thoughts Karl, I love your input, it really does make better

Tim

Sep 19, 2013 at 07:31 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

#1 is just to sensual for me, I will have to check with my wife on that one!
I enjoyed looking at all of them, but my favorite would definitely be #3. It seems as if the petals are almost transparent and it's such a simple shot but you did it quite well.

Sep 19, 2013 at 08:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dorian
• • • •
p.1 #11 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

cool stuff tim. i think 1 is a really great image, the pink against the black is just perfect. the water drops just rub it in! the others are nice as well, very clean.

dorian

Sep 19, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Wayne Willison
• • •
p.1 #12 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Good stuff, Tim. I like #2 a lot. I know some people don't like flower pics, but a lot do.

There's another forum that I belong to and they have a gallery of nothing but flowers, exceptional work by some who take flower shooting seriously. Anyways, these you've presnted are well done, as well.

Wayne

Sep 19, 2013 at 09:11 PM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.1 #13 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Those are some dandies Tim! Your creations really have a mood about them.

Splendid job,
Tom

Sep 19, 2013 at 09:51 PM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Shouldn't be any abuse from these Tim, what an excellent set of images! #2 is my favorite.

Mike

Sep 19, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Rohanban
• •
p.1 #15 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Lovely shots. #2 for me as well. there is something esoteric about the blurry-ness and the golden reflection of the sunlight on the dew drops.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

love the flowers Tim

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

I'm glad to see you broadening your horizons Tim.
1 is very nice - almost sensual...
3 is my pick - a great shot and the little peek of yellow makes the shot for me.
5 is my other pick because the play of petals is a visual treat.

Ron

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Desert Drake
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Very nice, Tim. #1 and #3 for me. I like what you saw in that first one.
Al

Sep 20, 2013 at 09:10 AM
brimull
• • •
p.1 #19 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

All very nice images. Numbers 1 and 4 are my favorites.

Sep 20, 2013 at 09:40 AM
jfwoodman
• • • •
p.1 #20 · A break from birds (florals)(5)

Terrific eye and execution on these, Tim. You really showed your sensitive side on these.
I enjoyed them all, beautiful images and compositions. I especially liked your "abstract" approach on the first couple.

Jim

Sep 20, 2013 at 05:16 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password