Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Iceland - Part 3

secondclaw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Iceland - Part 3

Another set from Iceland

1. A small beached berg on the black sand beach.

2. A traditional Icelandic church with attached cemetery.

3. The Milky Way over a cemetery in town of Vic.

4. The reason I went to Iceland

5. Behind the Seljalandsfoss waterfall

Sep 19, 2013 at 01:53 AM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Iceland - Part 3

Amazing, love them all!

Sep 19, 2013 at 02:49 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Iceland - Part 3

Fantastic series.

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Iceland - Part 3

#1 and #4 for me. That little iceburg looks like a diamond!

Sep 19, 2013 at 01:02 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Iceland - Part 3

Out of curiosity from a city dweller who hasn't been in any dark sky areas in quite some time (and who plans to remedy that very soon), how did the milky way look with just your naked eye in Vic, and could you share the exposure details for that shot if you have them? Great shots all by the way!

thanks!

Sep 19, 2013 at 04:04 PM
secondclaw
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Iceland - Part 3

I'll provide EXIF details when I get home from work (it was likely 21mm, ISO3200, f2.8@25sec), but as far as naked eye, I was able to plainly see the band, including some faint darkening around the stars. Not the colors thought. On the other side of the arc, I could see Andromeda galaxy, though I had to know where to look. For reference, though some hills appeared lit but the city below, it was fairly dark (could not really see the camera bag on the ground). For the #4 shot it was significantly darker, where our group could not see each other - only the red LED of camera's exposure in progress was allowing us to figure out where we were. There was a slight difference in seeing the Milky Way there - the amount of stars in the sky was just overwhelming and the band was slightly brighter.

jim bennett wrote:
Out of curiosity from a city dweller who hasn't been in any dark sky areas in quite some time (and who plans to remedy that very soon), how did the milky way look with just your naked eye in Vic, and could you share the exposure details for that shot if you have them? Great shots all by the way!

thanks!

Sep 19, 2013 at 04:16 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Iceland - Part 3

secondclaw wrote:
I'll provide EXIF details when I get home from work (it was likely 21mm, ISO3200, f2.8@25sec), but as far as naked eye, I was able to plainly see the band, including some faint darkening around the stars. Not the colors thought. On the other side of the arc, I could see Andromeda galaxy, though I had to know where to look. For reference, though some hills appeared lit but the city below, it was fairly dark (could not really see the camera bag on the ground). For the #4 shot it was significantly darker, where our group could not see
...Show more
It sounds incredible, thank you for the reply and the details!

Sep 19, 2013 at 04:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

secondclaw
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Iceland - Part 3

#3:
24mm, ISO3200, 19sec @ f/2.8

#4:
21mm, ISO3200, 20sec @ f/2.8

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM
deepjay
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Iceland - Part 3

Great Scott! Clear skies over Iceland!
Beautiful pictures.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Jfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Iceland - Part 3

I think that first shot is my favorite.
Jon

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
codyhatch

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Iceland - Part 3

#1 is easily my favorite of the bunch. I think it is the little, black pebbles that do it for me.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:46 AM
secondclaw
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Iceland - Part 3

deepjay wrote:
Great Scott! Clear skies over Iceland!

Only happened 2 out of 10 days I was there ... had to count my lucky stars (literally) ...

codyhatch wrote:
#1 is easily my favorite of the bunch. I think it is the little, black pebbles that do it for me.

The black sand beach is actually quiet spectacular. The pebbles sparkle in the sunlight, and of course once a clear or a blue berg beaches itself on that sand, it's just an amazing scene. On the downside, I'm still vacuuming that black sand out of all my pockets and camera bags, and trying to clean it out of the tripod twist-locks.

Sep 20, 2013 at 03:09 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Iceland - Part 3

great lookin series

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password