Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              8       9       end

Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/adobe-shares-jump-on-cloud-subscriptions-2013-09-17?link=MW_latest_news

Of course, there is no breakdown or breakout of the products accounting for this increase.

Then another story:

"Adobe profit falls, but subscriptions rise"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/adobe-profit-falls-but-subscriptions-rise-2013-09-17

Sep 17, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Subscriptions are going to jump WAAAAAAAY !!!!!! up now. $9.99 per month for Photoshop CC AND Lightroom 5 launched today: https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Shares may go up because Adobe has gotten investors to think that this will attract a zillion customers and that they make a bundle more $$$ by trimming costs on producing hard/tangible offering.

At least that's probably the pitch that Adobe wants forward thinking investors to think.

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

"Introducing a special Adobe Creative Cloud plan designed exclusively for photographers. Get the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus 20GB of cloud storage, Behance ProSite for your own fully customizable professional portfolio, ongoing feature updates*, and more — all for US$9.99/month for as long as you continue your membership†. Valid for Photoshop CS3 and later customers."

† Eligible customers may purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud membership to Photoshop CC™ and Adobe® Photoshop Lightroom 5 bundled together for a reduced price. Offer valid for purchases of an annual plan, which requires a 12-month contract. This offer is only available to customers who own an older version of a Photoshop or Photoshop Extended product, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6). This offer is not available to Education, OEM, or volume licensing customers. Offer is valid until December 31, 2013, and can be changed without notice. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days starting from your contract date, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation for the cancellation or removal of seats. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:20 PM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #5 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Tom K. wrote:
Subscriptions are going to jump WAAAAAAAY !!!!!! up now. $9.99 per month for Photoshop CC AND Lightroom 5 launched today: https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom

Yes Adobe will sell tons of these subscriptions

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:35 PM
pipspeak
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Cloud subscriptions are up but net profits were way down, which suggests the cloud model is not profitable enough at current prices.

Sep 19, 2013 at 02:52 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

pipspeak wrote:
Cloud subscriptions are up but net profits were way down, which suggests the cloud model is not profitable enough at current prices.

Which means the suits @ Adobe are busy trying to figure out how to make us open our wallets more.

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:13 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

pipspeak wrote:

The new cloud model started yesterday And the others are also very new. A few hours after it started you wrote "it's profitable enough at current prices"

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:31 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

pipspeak wrote:

+1

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:44 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.1 #10 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

How anyone can believe anything they say, is beyond me...

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

lukeb
• • •
p.1 #11 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

buggz2k wrote:
How anyone can believe anything they say, is beyond me...

+ 1,000

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:35 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

RustyBug wrote:
Shares may go up because Adobe has gotten investors to think that this will attract a zillion customers and that they make a bundle more $$$ by trimming costs on producing hard/tangible offering.

At least that's probably the pitch that Adobe wants forward thinking investors to think.

Well that pitch is working. Adobe shares have gone up about 75% during the past year. Not too shabby now is it. Wish I purchased some a year ago.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:47 AM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #13 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Yeah, the stock market is a strange thing... I've watched the stock of my employer plummet with the announcement if each new contract we get and soar on news of layoffs (lowering of costs).
I bet their stock would really take off if they cut their workforce (and YOUR support and R&D) by 50%.

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:54 AM
DougVaughn
• •
p.1 #14 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Hmmm... you get it for $9.99 per month as long as you continue your membership, but the next section says it will renew after 12 months at the current price, whatever that is. Doesn't sound like the same price as long as I continue my membership.

If Google ditched all the smart programmers from NIK, I hope they band together and create a great product to compete against Adobe.

Sep 20, 2013 at 02:04 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

chez wrote:
Well that pitch is working. Adobe shares have gone up about 75% during the past year. Not too shabby now is it. Wish I purchased some a year ago.

Hmmm, maybe time to look at Adobe options.

Sep 20, 2013 at 03:34 AM
pipspeak
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Lasse Eriksson wrote:
The new cloud model started yesterday And the others are also very new. A few hours after it started you wrote "it's profitable enough at current prices"

I didn't write that... my point was that Adobe profits and revenues were down in its fiscal Q3, and looking at the financial figures it's clear that the drop in product revenues (aka traditional software) is not being offset by the increase in subscription revenues, so Adobe has to continue to meet its very aggressive Cloud growth projections and/or increase subscription prices. Makes perfect sense that once Abode has people hooked on cloud subscriptions it will start ratcheting up the price to boost revenues. I would expect nothing less The company is clearly turning its back on its traditional graphics-software roots and moving towards a broad software and services business model, which might be good for shareholders and large corporate customers, but not necessarily good for regular old consumers.

Sep 20, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

DougVaughn wrote:
Hmmm... you get it for $9.99 per month as long as you continue your membership, but the next section says it will renew after 12 months at the current price, whatever that is. Doesn't sound like the same price as long as I continue my membership.

If Google ditched all the smart programmers from NIK, I hope they band together and create a great product to compete against Adobe.

Adobe don't say you get it for $ 9,99 the rest of your life. Read it again.

Sep 20, 2013 at 06:05 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Dang market capitalists, they'll buy anything...

Sep 20, 2013 at 06:14 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

I bought this a few days ago. $9.99 is OK with me. Installation was a cakewalk. I have no complaints. Keep in mind.....I was one of the biggest critics of Adobe's new subscription based coverage in the beginning. Now the price is fair.

Sep 26, 2013 at 05:16 PM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #20 · Adobe shares jump on cloud subscriptions

Tom K. wrote:
I bought this a few days ago. $9.99 is OK with me. Installation was a cakewalk. I have no complaints. Keep in mind.....I was one of the biggest critics of Adobe's new subscription based coverage in the beginning. Now the price is fair.

+1

I did the same.

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:11 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password