Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              9       10       end

reading is fundemental especially for adobe

sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Annual plan US $9.99 per month, plus applicable tax

with a one year contract

Payment

Each month during your one year term, we'll bill your credit card US $9.99 plus applicable Renewal

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

They don't call it an introductory price but yet they make it act like one. they talk out of many portions of their collective anatomy.

Sep 17, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Considering CS6 didnt stop working after CC was released (and most likely wont in future) and that CC doesnt contain anything groundbreaking. Then, I see no point to get CC or in fact pay anything monthly to Adobe.

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

sjms wrote:

Annual plan US $9.99 per month, plus applicable tax

with a one year contract

Payment

Each month during your one year term, we'll bill your credit card US $9.99 plus applicable Renewal

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

they don't call it an introductory price but yet they make it act like one. they talk out of many portions of their collective anatomy

yup as much as they tried to make it sound like so long as you go in before year's end, you'd be $10 forever, nope, it's a trap

Sep 18, 2013 at 02:10 AM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #4 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

they don't call it an introductory price but yet they make it act like one.

I've been trying to point this out in several different internet camera forums, with no success. Almost everyone seemed to automatically assume that the $9.99/month price was for life. That assumption was just ridiculous from a business point of view.

they talk out of many portions of their collective anatomy

The people who run Adobe are some of the most intellectually-dishonest corporate executives around -- and that's saying a lot!

John

Sep 18, 2013 at 04:57 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

BluesWest wrote:
Adobe are some of the most intellectually-dishonest corporate executives around...

No, they are perfectly evolved.

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:30 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Reading the fine print is fundamental when entering into a contract, but apparently spelling is not.

EBH

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:36 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Did all of you actually think it was $9.99 for life? Really? That is a little naive thinking. Of course the price for CC will go up in the future. Adobe's operating expenses will increase so these increases will get passed onto you and me.

Sep 18, 2013 at 02:17 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Mescalamba wrote:
Considering CS6 didnt stop working after CC was released (and most likely wont in future) and that CC doesnt contain anything groundbreaking. Then, I see no point to get CC or in fact pay anything monthly to Adobe.

Agreed.

Sep 18, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Adam Strochak
• •
p.1 #9 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

I just had a chat with an Adobe rep. . .he confirmed the price will stay $9.99/mo for as long as you remain a subscriber. "Current" apparently means today's special $9.99 pricing, not the retail pricing at time of renewal.

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #10 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

I would not count on the word of a call center person. I would place more weight on the T&Cs that Adobe has on its site for the offer:

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

This is the problem when companies go with convoluted, mobile-phone-service-type marketing and contracts. Things get so confusing that the company's own employees can't be trusted to understand the plans.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Adam Strochak wrote:
I just had a chat with an Adobe rep. . .he confirmed the price will stay $9.99/mo for as long as you remain a subscriber. "Current" apparently means today's special $9.99 pricing, not the retail pricing at time of renewal.

And someone else had a chat and were told the exact opposite! How can you trust a company when every other employee they have spins another story because management is confusing them? If management can't even get the story straight to their own employees....

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:25 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

chez wrote:
Did all of you actually think it was $9.99 for life? Really? That is a little naive thinking. Of course the price for CC will go up in the future. Adobe's operating expenses will increase so these increases will get passed onto you and me.

Well the way Adobe phrased the release notes when they went on about how amazing this was they sure as heck tried to get people to think that if only they instantly rushed to this they'd get to be locked at $10 forever. Oily and manipulative. Nobody expected than anyone who didn't sign up right away would ever get a locked contract, at least never for more than a year a time.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:27 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

And believe they did lock some people in for a year already who thought that they were locked in for life, many people. They knew what they were doing. They would do similar stuff at campus stores where they would make sure suites were in stock and inidividual programs rarely in stock, price them almost the same, have big posters all over saying that you may as well just buy the suite instead, how can you lose? And reps pushing suites even if you didn't need it, hey it's in stock, only a couple bucks more, you get to try out some other stuff and start right away, how can you lose? And then someone goes to upgrade later is stuck having to upgrade at suite price even if they only ended up using one program from the suite and Adobe would refuse to let them out of the suite, they wouldn't let them turn over the license for everything and trade it for a single program license. Even some of their reps admitted that they got the impression management heavily counted on such things.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:28 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

skibum5 wrote:
Well the way Adobe phrased the release notes when they went on about how amazing this was they sure as heck tried to get people to think that if only they instantly rushed to this they'd get to be locked at $10 forever. Oily and manipulative. Nobody expected than anyone who didn't sign up right away would ever get a locked contract, at least never for more than a year a time.

Then what is the problem if nobody expected the price to remain at $10? Why all the fuss? I know it will change, but for the one year at least it is a fabulous price. After that year is up, no one knows what the price will be. If they price themselves out of the market, people will start dropping the subscription and that is not good for Adobe or for the photog.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:43 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

skibum5 wrote:
And believe they did lock some people in for a year already who thought that they were locked in for life, many people. They knew what they were doing. They would do similar stuff at campus stores where they would make sure suites were in stock and inidividual programs rarely in stock, price them almost the same, have big posters all over saying that you may as well just buy the suite instead, how can you lose? And reps pushing suites even if you didn't need it, hey it's in stock, only a couple bucks more, you get to try
...Show more

Run for the hills, the big Adobe monster is coming. Fear mongering much?

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #16 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

chez wrote:
Then what is the problem if nobody expected the price to remain at $10? Why all the fuss? I know it will change, but for the one year at least it is a fabulous price.

It may be an OK price but I would hardly call it "fabulous". $120 for ONE YEAR's USAGE of Photoshop and Lightroom. And since this offer is available only to previous owners of Photoshop, the value is less than that. You are essentially paying for one year's usage of the updates that have been applied and that will be applied since the previous perpetual license of PS that you had purchased. If you had previously purchased a perpetual license of LR, then the value is lower still.

Unnecessary cheerleading is just as bad as unnecessary fear-mongering.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:57 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

chez wrote:
but for the one year at least it is a fabulous price.

Except that if you already have CS/LR ... what are you gaining for that "fabulous" price? Seems like a waste of $120 to me. ... i.e. +1 @ Dennis.

Edited on Sep 18, 2013 at 07:05 PM · View previous versions

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:03 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

Eyeball wrote:
It may be an OK price but I would hardly call it "fabulous". $120 for ONE YEAR's USAGE of Photoshop and Lightroom. And since this offer is available only to previous owners of Photoshop, the value is less than that. You are essentially paying for one year's usage of the updates that have been applied and that will be applied since the previous perpetual license of PS that you had purchased. If you had previously purchased a perpetual license of LR, then the value is lower still.

Unnecessary cheerleading is just as bad as unnecessary fear-mongering.

Not cheerleading, just providing a different viewpoint than all this bashing taking place. Personally, for $10/month, the amount of use I would get out of both PS and Lightroom makes this a no brainer for me. Yes, the new features in the latest releases are incremental, but by not taking this deal today, you might be locking yourself out of future features that just might be more ground breaking. To stay in the game for $10/month is a no brainer. It will cost you more if you decide to join after the end of the year.

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:04 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

RustyBug wrote:
Except that if you already have CS/LR ... what are you gaining for that "fabulous" price? Seems like a waste of $120 to me.

Then don't buy it...quite simple. But if by chance they come out with a great feature in say February, the cost of you signing up then will be double. Everyone needs to make their choices, just like everyone uses different gear to take their photos. People will move onto the CC, some will stay with what they got, others will look for different products...everyone needs to make this choice for themselves.

Just getting tired of all the whining going on. Make your choice and live with it. Why whine about it?

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:07 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · reading is fundemental especially for adobe

chez wrote:
Yes, the new features in the latest releases are incremental, but by not taking this deal today, you might be locking yourself out of future features that just might be more ground breaking.

"Ground breaking" ... we are still talking about Adobe and a very mature program that hasn't fundamentally changed since ... seems to me like they've mostly just been adding bells & whistles along the way for a quite while now. A few interface tweaks here and there aren't exactly what I call "ground breaking".

The jump from CS3 to CS4 and 64-bit is about as close to "ground breaking" as anything I've seen out of Adobe (and that was just catching up to the industry). So, if you want to keep shelling out $$$ monthly hoping to be "in the game" when something "ground breaking" comes along ... ummm, they did mention there wasn't going to be a CS7, didn't they. I'm sure that's because they've got tons of ground breaking stuff just waiting to be developed.

And given that Adobe has already indicated that they'll renew your contract at the then current (i.e. future) price. What would keep someone from coming on board then ... IF ... they should happen to develop something "ground breaking". What have you really gained by giving Adobe a monthly $$$ while waiting for them to come up with something "ground breaking"? Haven't we been waiting for something ground breaking from Adobe already for a long time ... and they got ... ummmm, nothing, or else they'd have not abandoned CS7. If they really had a big carrot on its way ...

Excerpt from the link:
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.edu.html?PID=4137899#pslr-bundle

For how long will Adobe continue to sell Creative Suite 6?
We plan to sell Creative Suite 6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely.

Edited on Sep 18, 2013 at 07:30 PM · View previous versions

Sep 18, 2013 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password