Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Adobe just released Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2 as final versions.
ACR 8.2 is designed to work with Photoshop CC but is also compatible with Photoshop CS6.

Both updates fix many bugs and add support for 16 new cameras, including the Canon EOS 70D, Fujifilm X-M1, and Sony RX100 II, along with new lens profiles. For older Photoshop versions, Adobe DNG Converter 8.2 was also released.

Download:
  • Lightroom 5.2: Mac | PC

• DNG Converter 8.2: Mac | PC

To install Adobe Camera Raw 8.2, use the update mechanisms in Photoshop CS6 or CC.

The full list of new cameras supported by these versions is as follows:
  • Canon EOS 70D
  • Canon PowerShot G16
  • Canon PowerShot S120 (preliminary)
  • Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
  • Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
  • Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
  • Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
  • Fujifilm X-M1
  • Leica C (Typ 112)
  • Olympus E-M1 (preliminary)
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72
  • Pentax Q7
  • Pentax K-50
  • Pentax K-500
  • Sony DSC-RX100 II
  • Sony A3000 (ILCE-3000)
  • Sony NEX-5T

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:01 PM
15Bit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

No direct download of ACR for CS6?

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:49 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

15Bit wrote:
No direct download of ACR for CS6?

For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

Sep 17, 2013 at 05:16 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #4 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

That's the link to the DNG Converter; there's no download for ACR 8.2 at that posted link. Adobe prefers users to use the Adobe Application Manager to update ACR because its easy to screw up the update if you have both 32- and 64-bit versions installed.

kwoodard wrote:
For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

Sep 17, 2013 at 05:39 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

James_N wrote:
That's the link to the DNG Converter; there's no download for ACR 8.2 at that posted link. Adobe prefers users to use the Adobe Application Manager to update ACR because its easy to screw up the update if you have both 32- and 64-bit versions installed.

So it is! I was just looking at the version numbers... That is lame that there is no stand alone... I am friends with a college department where they have to deploy to over 100 workstations...they need the stand alone installer because of the security measures that are employed on the computers. Lame sauce Adobe! Wish I was as good in Gimp as I am in Photoshop (and knew how to replicate half of what I do with actions and other adjustments for use in Gimp). Would drop PS like a bad habit.

Sep 17, 2013 at 06:12 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #6 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Jeff Tranberry posted direct links for ACR 8.1 after it was released; see the links under the question "What if the computer that Photoshop is on is not connected to the internet?" Hopefully he will do it for ACR 8.2.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

kwoodard wrote:
So it is! I was just looking at the version numbers... That is lame that there is no stand alone... I am friends with a college department where they have to deploy to over 100 workstations...they need the stand alone installer because of the security measures that are employed on the computers. Lame sauce Adobe! Wish I was as good in Gimp as I am in Photoshop (and knew how to replicate half of what I do with actions and other adjustments for use in Gimp). Would drop PS like a bad habit.

Sep 17, 2013 at 06:20 PM
Stoph

p.1 #7 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

I thought Creative Cloud for photographers was supposed to be released today as well @ 10.00 per month for those with CS3 and above. Nothing on their website today about that.

Sep 17, 2013 at 07:45 PM
tuthill
• •
p.1 #8 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Stoph wrote:
I thought Creative Cloud for photographers was supposed to be released today as well @ 10.00 per month for those with CS3 and above. Nothing on their website today about that.

Supposed to show up soon according to Mike Chambers (Adobe staff).

Sep 17, 2013 at 07:52 PM
Stoph

p.1 #9 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Yep, it is available now. On line ordering didn't work so I'm on the phone with a sales rep

Sep 17, 2013 at 08:13 PM
Stoph

p.1 #10 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

So I tried to order on line twice and got an error each time. I called customer service and placed the order with a sales rep. Now I have 3 subscriptions because the two orders that didn't process, have now processed.

Guess I'll get back on the phone with them again.

Sep 17, 2013 at 09:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Allynb
• • •
p.1 #11 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Anyone having trouble updating to Camera Raw 8.2 in Photoshop CS6? Downloaded it and DNG Converter works but it doesnt recognize Camera Raw 8.2 in Bridge or Photoshop CS6

Sep 17, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

I downloaded and installed it without problems in my CS6

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:04 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Stoph wrote:
Yep, it is available now. On line ordering didn't work so I'm on the phone with a sales rep

STOP . have you seen this thread http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1241856

cheap for the first year , but what you prepared to pay after that ?

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
STOP . have you seen this thread http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1241856

cheap for the first year , but what you prepared to pay after that ?

What's strange or different with that. Every software is the same. You never know what the price is the next year or the next version. What software do you recommend that will have the same price after ten years then? Or after a couple of new upgrade versions? If you buy DxO Optics Pro or Capture One Pro or any other PP software, you don't know their price a few years ahead either.
Even if raising the price with 10% every second year it's still a rather decent price for both PS and LR

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:25 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Lars Johnsson wrote:
What's strange or different with that. Every software is the same. You never know what the price is the next year or the next version. What software do you recommend that will have the same price after ten years then? Or after a couple of new upgrade versions? If you buy DxO Optics Pro or Capture One Pro or any other PP software, you don't know their price a few years ahead either.
Even if raising the price with 10% every second year it's still a rather decent price for both PS and LR

+1

That's true for ANYTHING you purchase. What's the big deal

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:52 PM
amacal1
• • •
p.1 #16 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

I think the big deal was that there was so much talk about how that pricing was (more or less) indefinite as long as you purchased your subscription inside the timeframe of the offer. I think some people are surprised by the differences between what they've heard and what they're reading in the fine print.

Sep 18, 2013 at 04:18 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

amacal1 wrote:
I think the big deal was that there was so much talk about how that pricing was (more or less) indefinite as long as you purchased your subscription inside the timeframe of the offer. I think some people are surprised by the differences between what they've heard and what they're reading in the fine print.

I did read it from Adobe's website. And they only promised one year with the same price. Some people wrote the price would stay the same forever But any normal and sane person would understand that no company would or could do that

Sep 18, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Some people wrote the price would stay the same forever But any normal and sane person would understand that no company would or could do that

I agree but Adobe contributes to this misunderstanding. Adobe's own web site says "This is not an introductory price". What the heck is that supposed to mean??

Here's my translation:

If you contract CC with one of the normal promotions, Adobe is telling you ahead of time that the price will go up after a year (of course Adobe could always decide to not raise the price when the time comes).

If you contract the Photographers Bundle, Adobe is NOT telling you ahead of time that the price will go up after a year (but it might).

Not a big distinction but I suspect we will see more of this confusing, mobile-phone-service-type marketing from Adobe.

When you think about it, this is a pretty solid strategy that Adobe is employing:

- New users come on board with the higher monthly prices because it seems like such a great deal in the short-term for lots of software.

- Adobe offers these promotional "bribes" to get the old farts to shut up and sign up.

- Once the promotional pricing runs out, they have everyone used to making the monthly payments with threat of removal of the software if payments stop, and getting all that monthly revenue for what will primarily be patches and updates for new cameras.

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

^^^^

You have to read more than those six words "This is not an introductory price" it continues after that.

And Adobe is not telling you that the price will go up after one year. It will maybe go up. but we don't know.

It's very simple. If you don't like the deal. Don't sign up. Buy another software. I'm sure you can find one that will have the same price for the next 20 years............

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:25 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Adobe releases Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2

To make it a bit shorter Adobe say in their statement:

This is not an introductory price. It's the price for customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher that are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer, if you sign up by December 31, 2013

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:42 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password