Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Japanese garden

rico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Japanese garden

Seems like a promising scene, I got some light, but results do not excite me.

Besides the usual post, I applied a fat gradient over the left side to keep the subject dominant. Here's the SOOC jpeg for you to muck with (9 MB size): DSC_0310.JPG

Sep 17, 2013 at 07:54 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Japanese garden

Took a stab at it.

Mostly some color tweaks to try and enhance the warm light coming through and some gradient blur. Could use more work to tone down the bright gravel and proper sharpening for size, etc. but hopefully you get the gist at the direction I was thinking.

Sep 17, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #3 · Japanese garden

I think this is not interesting because the subject is not very interesting. The boring stones don't help and the background clutter is worse. The best I could suggest is a tight crop and even that I find pretty uninteresting. I guess the "light" was good but nothing special
"

Sep 17, 2013 at 05:17 PM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #4 · Japanese garden

Sometimes we're overwhelmed with the beauty of a place, but when we put camera to eye, it doesn't translate. The mixed light in the photo is a problem that's difficult to deal with. My best advice is if you can go back and "work" the scene, try some other angles and compositions, with better, more consistent lighting. When you're composing, try to think before you shoot about what it is that is so impressive about what you're seeing, and what you'd like to communicate to the viewer.
I just read that Cartier Bresson, who is famous for the "decisive moment", regularly shot 4 or 5 versions of the same scene until he found what he wanted.

Sep 19, 2013 at 03:38 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password