New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Relics

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Relics

Here are a few of the "Relics" I shot for the WA. Your feedback would be appreciated. Jim

1963 Farmall 706

Kettle

Piggy Phone

Old Radio

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Relics

You've done a nice job of photographing all of these relics. Even though it can't text message or take photos, I want one of those piggy phones.
My favorite of the series is the tractor that's been "put out to pasture." The kettle to my taste seems to be a bit too tightly cropped.
Each of these relics is beautiful in their own way. Amazing how we throw things away today without much thought.

Sep 17, 2013 at 08:12 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Relics

I've a soft spot for the radio. Not sure I could bring myself to using a pig phone to "chew the fat" with someone.

Sep 17, 2013 at 08:25 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Relics

eeneryma wrote:
You've done a nice job of photographing all of these relics. Even though it can't text message or take photos, I want one of those piggy phones.
My favorite of the series is the tractor that's been "put out to pasture." The kettle to my taste seems to be a bit too tightly cropped.
Each of these relics is beautiful in their own way. Amazing how we throw things away today without much thought.

Thank you. I liked the tractor also. I also agree on the cooper kettle. Space limitation would now allow me to move & this was my wides lens. Today this country has become a disposable society. We throw away everything that doesn't make us happy. Jim

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Relics

RustyBug wrote:
I've a soft spot for the radio. Not sure I could bring myself to using a pig phone to "chew the fat" with someone.

Thanks Kent. I was afraid I over PP. Thank you, Jim

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Relics

oldrattler wrote:
Today this country has become a disposable society. We throw away everything that doesn't make us happy. Jim

And they just don't make 'em like they used to. Technology advances are generally cool. But durability of manufacturing is oriented toward using disposable (i.e. cheaper to produce @ limited life cycle and a case for future offerings) materials because so many consumers don't keep squat for any length of time anymore ... thanks to the bombardment of advertising and marketing.

I've got a wheelbarrow (inherited) that is likely going to outlive all of us ... built when good still meant "good", not just "good enough".

BTW ... you might want to check the color/cast of the tires on your tractor, I don't recall them making blue tires back then.

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Relics

RustyBug wrote:

And they just don't make 'em like they used to. Technology advances are generally cool. But durability of manufacturing is oriented toward using disposable (i.e. cheaper to produce @ limited life cycle and a case for future offerings) materials because so many consumers don't keep squat for any length of time anymore ... thanks to the bombardment of advertising and marketing.

I've got a wheelbarrow (inherited) that is likely going to outlive all of us ... built when good still meant "good", not just "good enough".

BTW ... you might want to check the color/cast of the tires on your tractor,
...Show more

Kent, You never saw a "Blue Racer" tractor tire? Thank you, I did not notice that. Jim

Sep 17, 2013 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.