Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Artisan & Artist Straps

hijazist
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Artisan & Artist Straps

I am interested in the ACAM-103N and was wondering if anyone have any experience with them? I want it for my Fuji X100s but also interested to see if would be suitable for a D800.

On another note, what's the best (safest & most comfortable) way in your opinion to carry a D800 with a mounted 300 AF-S (with TC 1.4) for sports and walking around? The lens has a Kirk Collar which fits on my RRS BH30.

I appreciate all the input

Sep 17, 2013 at 03:23 AM
hijazist
• • •
p.1 #2 · Artisan & Artist Straps

No love for A&As

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:50 AM
unclemikey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Artisan & Artist Straps

New here but i'm going to chime in. I use the Black Rapid RS Sport and the Black Rapid D1 straps. These attach to the lens foot for larger and lenses and for better balance and they are coming out with an addition that will double secure pro cameras and lenses but it isn't available yet. If you are not familiar with them check them out at: http://Blackrapid.com

Sep 20, 2013 at 01:41 PM
WINN
• •
p.1 #4 · Artisan & Artist Straps

Everyone has their own idea of who makes the best camera strap. I would agree that for a heavy set-up with a lens that has a tripod collar a sling strap like Black Rapid which attaches to the tripod mount might be the most helpful. I don't have a 100s but for my X-E1 I am using the Leica 14312 strap. Very grippy rubber pad and easy to stow in your bag while attached to your camera. In other words it's comfortable to use and not bulky when stored. Bought it at Adorama for $44 including free shipping. Not cheap but about 55% less then A&A. Good luck with your decision.

Sep 20, 2013 at 02:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mmarconi
• • •
p.1 #5 · Artisan & Artist Straps

Hey Hussain, since I'm familiar with the lens your referring to, I carried that exact combo around for years using a Black Rapid #7 strap. Don't think you can beat them. Use the same strap now with a 300 2.8 bare and with TC's. I attached a small Kirk clamp to the strap so it's easy on and off, not really necessary though. If you adjust the strap correctly it can provide a little tension when you raise the camera to eye helping to steady hand held shots.

Mike

Edited on Sep 22, 2013 at 06:11 PM · View previous versions

Sep 22, 2013 at 02:09 PM
unclemikey
• •
p.1 #6 · Artisan & Artist Straps

Mike,

The #7 is the strap I started out with. I now use the Sport for single camera and the D-1 for doubles. I also bought additional connector snap straps that I use to keep the cameras from swinging front to back when I'm walking around looking for something to shoot. I just take one of these dual snap straps and thread them through the back strap of the Black Rapid and that keeps the camera from swinging around. The positioning buckle will keep the camera from swinging forward and it is easy to readjust when you are ready to take a shot.

One caution regarding the Black Rapid. There is some talk of the turn buckle on the carabineer coming loose. I have notices that so I just check it frequently to make sure it is secure. I've used this arrangement with the Sigma Bigma 50-500 and still works fine although I don't usually use this lens off a tripod or monopod.

Sep 22, 2013 at 02:54 PM
hijazist
• • •
p.1 #7 · Artisan & Artist Straps

Thanks a lot for the info guys Mike I think I will give the #7 a shot and see how it handles the combo...

Sep 23, 2013 at 03:14 AM
unclemikey
• •
p.1 #8 · Artisan & Artist Straps

You might want to also take a look at the Sport or Sport Slim. I really like the strap that comes from the back and under the arm for added support to the unit itself. It also keeps the strap from wandering when you are working fast.

Sep 23, 2013 at 01:00 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password