FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Oregon Gal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Edited for WA Entry change

Shotgun image replaced with:
KOLSTER Radio complete with "STATION LOG" and "SKY PILOT RADIO CO" MANUFACTURES' SERVICE. This radio belonged to my Grandmother, she owned several and I used to listen to these old radios in my teens, sure brings back some good memories. Now I really seem to be dating myself

Edited on Sep 16, 2013 at 05:45 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:44 PM
chuckles84
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Nice shotgun! Though, I feel like some kind of different background would help your cause. Good luck either way!!

Sep 15, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Thanks, a different background may work better. If I have time I may check into other backround options.

Sep 15, 2013 at 09:29 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

I guess we better call before we show up unannounced, or we might get a closer look at it.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

You could definitely be greeted by whatever is handy at your time of arrival

Sorry couldn't reply sooner, had to abruptly leave for an emergency vet visit, puppy choking on food, turned blue, fell over so I tried the heimlich maneuver on him (didn't work) tried reaching into a 3lb chihuahua's mouth isn't very easy to do but I was trying to clear his airway. He's a cleft palate baby and is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday morning. Thank God he survived the 45 minute drive to the Emergency Vet, I must have done something right and he was getting just enough oxygen and survived the ordeal. One of us has a guardian angel but he's got to stop doing these things, he's gonna give me a heart attack.

Sep 16, 2013 at 02:50 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Sorry to hear about your near miss. As a CPR instructor, I can relate. As a pet owner with a loss last week (acute kidney failure), I can relate too. Glad to hear it turned out well in the end.

Sep 16, 2013 at 08:03 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Didn't see your first post but the old radio brings back times sitting with my Grandfather,thanks. Well done.

Norm

Sep 16, 2013 at 07:47 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Norm, it was a shotgun from around the late 1800 Model 1867 which belonged to my husband's great, great Grandfather.

As I get older, I reminisce about the times spent with Grandma and my Aunt. Thank you for commenting.

Sep 16, 2013 at 09:55 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

I far prefer this shot, Barb! Much improved entry from the one of the shotgun. Don't get me wrong, that was a cool shot but on the black background it looked a little like it was floating in space. It is a neat old weapon, though, and I'm sure it would be a blast (pun intended) to fire it someday. This old radio is lovely. The glow of the wood is beautiful!

All best wishes,

Endre

Sep 17, 2013 at 02:47 AM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Thanks Endre, I liked the shotgun image but posted at such a small size and without accompanying period pieces it was lacking impact. Appreciate the comment.

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:02 PM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Wow, that is a change. I like it. What wonderful detail went into the making of these. The age of radio was a terrific experience. Love to listen to replays of the old radio shows. Thanks for the bringing back the memories.

Ed

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:14 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #571 Kolster Radio / NEW IMAGE

Ed thanks. I feel honored to own the radio. Barbara

Sep 18, 2013 at 01:02 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.