Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

Rick VB
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

These are from a Varsity game last week which Holland dominated. Holland is ranked top 5 in the state and won the game 9-1 with the game being stopped about 10 minutes into the 2nd half. C&C appreciated.

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #2 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

4 more. Thanks for looking.

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:05 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #3 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

Rick the first thing that jumps out to me. And something I really strive for is a lower shooting angle. From these I can see that it looks like you are either really tall and kneeling or you are standing. My first suggestion is get lower. Beyond that you have some good action in them, but some have foreground players that are cut off and a bit distracting, and a couple I'd crop a bit tighter with some excess stuff on the top or bottom.

Matt

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rick VB
• •
p.1 #4 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

Matt thanks for the feedback. You are correct I am quite tall and I was standing for all of these shots. I normally do try and get low, especially for the small kids but I was hoping with the high school guys to get away with standing. I do like the low perspective better and will have to make sure to get low in the future.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
JimboCin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

Rick - I took a look at the EXIF data on a few of your shots. You are shooting at pretty high ISO's (for a 1D Mk III) in some of them, and I believe it shows in the images.

One was 1/3200 second at ISO 1250, another I saw was at ISO 1600. You might want to try bringing the shutter speed down a little (into the 1/1000 range) so that you can lower the ISO.

Its always a matter of tade-offs, but I think the trade-off with the lower ISO would be worth a try here.

Jim

Sep 17, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #6 · High School boys Varsity soccer - Holland vs Byron Center

Jim thanks for the suggestions. This game was a 6:45 pm start and there were some clouds at times as well so I went in thinking I needed to crank up the ISO and I started out too high. Between the ISO and a 1.4x converter early on I think I lost some image quality. Next time out I'm going to try like you said and aim for a shutter speed of 1/1000 and keep the ISO down.

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password