Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Gura Gear Chobe

aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Gura Gear Chobe

I recently purchased a Gura Gear Chobe for an upcoming overseas assignment. I have been evaluating it in the field for the last couple of days and it is a viable, lightweightbag for my style of shooting. I posted a full review online at http://foto-gizmo.blogspot.com.

Here are some important points.

The bag is big enough. Depending on how you configure it you can easily put a gripped Canon 5D III or Canon 1Dx in it. The material feels good, the inside of the bag is light grey, making it easy to find gear. I'm not crazy about the hand grips or the shoulder strap, but that is a subjective evaluation.

For a lot of photos and a fuller write-up, go to www.fotogizmo.blogspot.com

©Photo by Aboud Dweck, All Rights Reserved

©Photo by Aboud Dweck, All Rights Reserved

Sep 15, 2013 at 03:38 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • •
p.1 #2 · Gura Gear Chobe

It is a fantastic bag, one I have been using since it was first released. It complements my Airport International from ThinkTank, another outstanding product.

I agree with you on the shoulder strap for Chobe. Another peeve is that they don't include a rain cover.

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:49 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #3 · Gura Gear Chobe

Nice enough but I found my Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 very similar and much less expensive so that is the one I kept. The TT UD comes with a rain cover.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rajan Parrikar
• • •
p.1 #4 · Gura Gear Chobe

sperraglia wrote:
Nice enough but I found my Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 very similar and much less expensive so that is the one I kept. The TT UD comes with a rain cover.

I had the UD60 and it is a superb bag. But Chobe edges it out with what feels like a little more space and other thoughtful design elements like the pocket for iPad and so on.

Sep 16, 2013 at 01:00 AM
aboudd
• • •
p.1 #5 · Gura Gear Chobe

I've changed the shoulder strap to an Optech and it is much more comfortable. It is a good mate for the ThinkTank Airport 4-sight as well. I'm a big fan of Think Tank, the TT Urban 60 is a fine bag. I find the Chobe fits the way I work a bit better.

Sep 21, 2013 at 01:47 PM
hfgarris
• •
p.1 #6 · Gura Gear Chobe

I really enjoy the Chobe as a travel bag, with or without my camera gear. I was not too fond of the included Gura Gear camera insert as it didn't seem to fit my larger lenses very well, and required the bag to be expanded in order to use it. However, I found a BBP padded insert which fits well in the Chobe when zipped into the slimmer format and holds my camera gear nicely:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047P0QLC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also found this Jill-e camera insert which fits the Chobe (slim format) nicely and is sized for my M4/3 sized camera and lenses:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008E0MOC0/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-howard

Sep 22, 2013 at 08:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password