Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

TX HS Football - Week 3

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · TX HS Football - Week 3

I had the chance to go to a new stadium on Friday. It was neat, but was also very disappointing. The lighting was better than average, but not what I expected in a stadium of this size... It is its first season to be open. It was a $17 Million dollar stadum...seating around 6500, with one drive in and one drive out... with parking for about 400. I was there early and still had to park almost a mile away. At half time I go to the huge press box, only to realize that it should have been called the "booster box."

The "press" room of this new 17 million dollar stadium was a small room with seating for 3 people!? So, I sat (with sweat and all) in the middle of the good ol' boys club with screaming parents and boosters. The home team was losing 40something to 7 at half.

Anyway... the red team is Kilgore. They are ranked 5th in 3A. Pine Tree (the black team) was undefeated. Their coach had recently been reinstated from a suspension during an investigation... so it was kind of a big game. Kilgore ended up winning 56-7... most of those yards were on the ground (the QB only threw 5 times all game).

Kilgore's Benny Colbert prepares to hand the ball off to Stefun Tatum by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-2 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-3 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-4 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-5 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-6 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

09132013 - Pine Tree Football-7 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

Sep 15, 2013 at 03:07 AM
matt.garnett
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · TX HS Football - Week 3

Jeff, I understand your disappointment. For $17 million you'd think they'd have a little better lighting in there. Overall though, good job, way to capture the action.

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:36 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · TX HS Football - Week 3

Thanks Matt

Sep 16, 2013 at 06:13 PM
Robert Way
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · TX HS Football - Week 3

Regardless, you have that Mark III singing. Excellent images.

Bob

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password