Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL s...

bresso
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

Hi,

I'm interested in doing more on-location portrait shooting. I don't have an assistant, and want to travel light, so no monolights/battery setup. Instead, I'd like to use my two SB800/SB910 speedlights + PW's with one of the Elinchrom softboxes that I already have.

I found two way of doing that:
- Kacey's double speedlight bracket, plus an additional Kacey/Eli adapter.
- LumoPro Double Flash Bracket Speedring (LP739) with an Elinchrom speedring?

Have any of you used one of the above, or do you know about another/better solution that I missed?

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:09 AM
PhotoDes
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

I don't know if this will work with your specific equipment, but it's simple to attach 2 speedlights to a dowel inserted horizontally through an umbrella adapter using inexpensive rapid adapters. Each light is then fully adjustable through all angles to obtain uniform fill. Here's my setup with a reflector diffuser (which is extremely portable and quick to set up).

This shows the nice diffuse uniform light distribution.

I realize my modifier isn't what you plan to use, but it may give you another idea.

Des

Sep 15, 2013 at 03:03 AM
bresso
• •
p.1 #3 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

That's a nice setup. Light as well. Not quite what I'm looking for , but another perspective. Thanks

Sep 17, 2013 at 02:01 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

The best way to ensure uniform light distribution and to add a bit more power is to use a three flash setup with a triple bracket. Something like in this link.

There are some triangular models which I like more but I can't find the link right now.

Sep 17, 2013 at 02:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Michael White
• • •
p.1 #5 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

I have the Joe McNally triflash adapter my self used with an Apollo type softbox with and inter diffuser this allows me to use between one and three speedlites with it. The is a company the Sly arena uses that has a modular bracket that with two of them you can use seven or eight Speedlights. Me I just got an Elinchrom ranger Qaudra with this and the hybrid battery you have a light weight 400 ws light in the field that will work with your Elichrom modifiers. There was a kit here with the A head or two iirc for sale for a grand the light will be better than the speedlites especially on location during the day.

Oct 04, 2013 at 07:07 AM
a123
• •
p.1 #6 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/ePhoto-H6704-Hotshoe-Bracket-Umbrella/dp/B007ODZYRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381015685&sr=8-1&keywords=triple+flash+bracket

Oct 05, 2013 at 11:28 PM
bresso
• •
p.1 #7 · Recommendations for a double flash bracket used with EL softbox ?

Thanks for your ideas! I ended up returning the LumoPro as it was a pain to use it with the Elinchrom softoxes (if you're curious: I had to take out the Eli speedring already installed in my softox, and use Lumopro's instead which made the whole process not very smooth).

What I ended up with is the Lastolite Ezybox II 24x24" softbox with their new double flash bracket. It's pretty light and portable. With an Elinchrom insert, it can be also be used with my monolights, which is great.

Oct 06, 2013 at 07:02 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password