Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

NurseRatched

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

The fact that I'm posting my introduction over a year after I joined FM should give you a hint about my natural blondeness. There's a valid explanation that involves Yahoo! and BellSouth email services, but there's only so many hours in the day.

I have been reading this forum religiously every day for the past few years. By "religiously", I mean that I am usually muttering "Jesus Christ, I wish I could shoot like that". But, thanks to this site and the wealth of information it holds, I am getting better.

I've fumbled my way up from an old N60 to a Coolpix somethingorother to my D80, and made the big jump to full-frame (D700) last June. My employer has graciously allowed me to shoot some fun corporate events, which forced me to really come to terms with the fundamentals of photography and post processing. Right now, I'll shoot just about anything except bugs (ewww), sports (gear deficiency) and weddings (willing to learn). I'm this.close. to pulling the trigger on a used D3s, as I have found myself in situations where I need better ISO performance/burst rate/buffer.

Right now I'd say that my steepest learning curve is lighting/flash. Most of the time there's a lot of haze/humidity here in de bayou, and the light is flat, flat, flat. Frustrating. I need to figure out how the FM'ers over in Houston handle it, as the conditions are quite similar.

So, here I am. When's dinner?

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Good Luck and welcome aboard!

Allan

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:12 PM
jimmy462
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Hi NurseRatched,

Well, let me take the first honors for welcoming you aboard...every forum can use a Nurse Ratched! Um, we eat when they feed us...generally.

I like bugs,
Jimmy G

Edit: Dammit, allynb beat me to the click...

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:16 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Billy, here..."f' da wife"

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:53 AM
NurseRatched

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen.

Billy, congratulations on the new granddaughter; she's a cutie. You can never go wrong by taking a picture with Magic Sigma. I wish they'd hurry up and release the 24mm f/1.4.

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:02 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Thanks, NR. I'm waiting on the 135, myself. They've really stepped it up a notch, eh?!

Sep 16, 2013 at 07:27 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Welcome aboard

Sep 16, 2013 at 01:26 PM
NurseRatched

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Aaaaand...anther introduction.

Oh, hello, Ben!

I may need to pick your brain a little later - I'll be shooting my first air show in a couple of weeks. I'll have my D3s by then, so no worries about FPS/buffer.

Sep 16, 2013 at 05:30 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.