Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

Why do my photo's look weird on my screen? Do these look ok to you all? I didn't do anything fancy other than import from NEF to .jpg with a slight adjust to the highlights to make the LR5 stop blinking red and blue, then I cropped, but these still look odd to me!? Thank you!

a.Rollei.Brujo.rodriguez-25 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.Rollei.Brujo.rodriguez-24 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

They are still over exposed even though you changed the highlights. Look at your histogram on the images and it should be pushing to the right as there really is no black point in these images. Even the black shoes are grey.

You need to tweak your blacks, exposure and maybe contrast... Work with them they aren't far off but you would have been better to get them closer to right in camera. You should have been able to see these in the LCD that they were overexposed as well as tell by the metering of the camera.

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:01 PM
Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

In addition to geoffrrey's comment, I'd also add that the pictures look a bit yellow tinted. I'd think that maybe you do not have auto white balance active on your D800. The AWB of your D800 is very clever and I would recommend you use it for most of your shots.

As I posted on another thread, I'd also crop out the first image on the left side. Your subject, the kid with a ball, is too centered and it makes the picture too static, adding that there is no action going on on the left side.

More on the aesthetic side, the second pic does not work very well as all we get to see is backs and no faces.

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:15 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

Geoffrey Bolte wrote:
They are still over exposed even though you changed the highlights. Look at your histogram on the images and it should be pushing to the right as there really is no black point in these images. Even the black shoes are grey.

You need to tweak your blacks, exposure and maybe contrast... Work with them they aren't far off but you would have been better to get them closer to right in camera. You should have been able to see these in the LCD that they were overexposed as well as tell by the metering of the camera.

Yes, I had seen it, and felt it was the right thing to do, rather than under exposing! Yikes, now I need to work on this next time! i had it at plus +3 on my D800, so that did'nt help any! I cant really tell what I am seeing exactly, I think its my dang color inefficient eye's, so I instead try to use auto when possible, without making them look plastic?! I can use those pre sets too, but even then, i still suck at those! thanks for the aid, i will see what i can do with lr5, ASAP!

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

Guari wrote:
In addition to geoffrrey's comment, I'd also add that the pictures look a bit yellow tinted. I'd think that maybe you do not have auto white balance active on your D800. The AWB of your D800 is very clever and I would recommend you use it for most of your shots.

As I posted on another thread, I'd also crop out the first image on the left side. Your subject, the kid with a ball, is too centered and it makes the picture too static, adding that there is no action going on on the left side.

More on the aesthetic
...Show more

Guari, Thank you, yes, i "F'ed" up, and left my AWB set to pre set for my in door light shots, ugh, so I instead used auto fix on LightRoom 5! I will work on those crop methods as well, I try my best, and sometime just crop to where i think the star looks good!

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:20 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

a.Rollei.Brujo.rodriguez by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:34 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help with Soccer Photo's/C&C PLEASE!

One More, just to share!
SOCCER YOGA, IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!

SOCCER YOGA, IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE! by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:46 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password