Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
  

D600/D610 musings
  
 
matthewsaville
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · D600/D610 musings


I seem to have killed the discussion. Oops. Does anybody else out there see the D600 as the deal of a lifetime, for adventure / landscape photography?

When I first shot with it, I had an absolute blast. Man that thing has insane DR. I wouldn't necessarily use it for weddings, (My day job, and yes I did test it out) ...however for landscapes and adventures I would strongly consider it with the prices dropping the way they are. Because while my D5200 offers insane DR and detail at ISO 100, the D600 is indeed pretty fantastic for nightlapses at ISO 6400 with a 24 1.4... And I certainly wouldn't let a little dust stop me; I already clean my sensor 1-2 times per month as a wedding photographer !

=Matt=




Oct 02, 2013 at 05:36 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · D600/D610 musings


matthewsaville wrote:
! Clearly you have not photographed many weddings or sports... Or maybe you just haven't had the joy of owning a Nikon that possesses this feature yet?

Admittedly for landscapes it is not as necessary of a feature, however having had access to it for over five years now, I REALLY miss it. It also doesn't help that I have been used to 12 megapixels for the last 6+ years either. Everything was clearly discernible at 100%, and I could always tell instantly if a shot was perfectly focused or not. You know how it is with technology, once you get
...Show more

Agreed, the 1-button 100% view is excellent for quickly verifying focus and is indispensable for wedding photography. I don't think it's an accident that Nikon leaves this feature out on all but their flagship bodies, ie. the best body they provide in each market segment (D7100 for DX, D800/E for high resolution, D4 for sports/action).



Oct 02, 2013 at 07:10 PM
Kell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · D600/D610 musings


it's a comin...

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/05/nikon-d610-announcement-in-48-hours.aspx/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NikonRumors+(NikonRumors.com)



Oct 06, 2013 at 02:34 AM
NickHenderson
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · D600/D610 musings


Got my D600 back from Nikon. Shot a bunch yesterday with it, no sensor spots. Lovin' it.


Oct 06, 2013 at 04:43 PM
geezfools
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · D600/D610 musings


So what do you guys think, pick up a refurb D600 from nikon tonight or wait for a low mileage D700 to come along in the next few weeks? Or maybe even wait a few more days with the imminent D610 announcement coming and hope the prices for the D600 refurbs drop even more. Throwing my D300s on eBay to help fund FX dreams.


Oct 07, 2013 at 01:09 AM
hijazist
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · D600/D610 musings


geezfools wrote:
So what do you guys think, pick up a refurb D600 from nikon tonight or wait for a low mileage D700 to come along in the next few weeks? Or maybe even wait a few more days with the imminent D610 announcement coming and hope the prices for the D600 refurbs drop even more. Throwing my D300s on eBay to help fund FX dreams.


I would pick up a used D600 on the forum here, they go around $1300-$1400. Never been cheaper to go FX



Oct 07, 2013 at 01:47 AM
Kell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · D600/D610 musings


I'm thinking they'll drop to $1700 new by the end of the year


Oct 07, 2013 at 03:41 AM
VinnieJ
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · D600/D610 musings


NickHenderson wrote:
Got my D600 back from Nikon. Shot a bunch yesterday with it, no sensor spots. Lovin' it.


You should have asked them to put the D610 badge on it....doesn't sound like there will be a difference besides new and resale value.



Oct 07, 2013 at 12:34 PM
ckcarr
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · D600/D610 musings


NickHenderson wrote:
Got my D600 back from Nikon. Shot a bunch yesterday with it, no sensor spots. Lovin' it.


That doesn't mean anything. What is a bunch? 1,000 - 3,000 ? What f/stop?

People still need to learn sensor cleaning.



Oct 07, 2013 at 01:14 PM
ckcarr
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · D600/D610 musings


Kell wrote:
I'm thinking they'll drop to $1700 new by the end of the year


They are $1,799 right now, and sometimes less.

And you are now right in the middle of fall colors. So it's worth waiting for three months until it's cold and gray, when this is the best landscape shooting of the year right now? Just for $100 ?



Oct 07, 2013 at 01:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



geezfools
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #11 · D600/D610 musings


ckcarr wrote:
They are $1,799 right now, and sometimes less.

And you are now right in the middle of fall colors. So it's worth waiting for three months until it's cold and gray, when this is the best landscape shooting of the year right now? Just for $100 ?


that's why I'm trying to figure out if I should buy right now, lol. The refurbs at Cameta look like the best current deal, warranty wise. 90 days plus another year, yes please. I think I'll pull the trigger tonight and have it by the end of the week, so pumped!



Oct 07, 2013 at 02:02 PM
Kell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · D600/D610 musings


ckcarr wrote:
They are $1,799 right now, and sometimes less.

And you are now right in the middle of fall colors. So it's worth waiting for three months until it's cold and gray, when this is the best landscape shooting of the year right now? Just for $100 ?


I know, thing is I have Best Buy rewards to use, and they want $1900 right now, love the 18 mos interest free financing too and free camera bag so it would be more like $200 savings...we'll see, may just say screw it and get one this week, or just use the RX100 for Fall, not a terrible option



Oct 07, 2013 at 02:57 PM
DontShoot
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #13 · D600/D610 musings


NR is saying in 48 hrs, the D610 will be born...but I saw that post like 2 days ago, lol. Will it be announced tonight? I can't wait to see the specs on this thing.



Oct 07, 2013 at 07:13 PM
lara_ckl
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #14 · D600/D610 musings


Hate to sound like an Apple fanboy (which I am not) but there is a reason why people line up outside Apple stores to get their hands on the latest and greatest Apple products. Nikon doesn't seem to realize that by being customer antagonistic like this slowly erodes away the positive brand loyalty one has for their brand. Of course, the Apple fanboys who line up in the snow 48 hours before the store opens are extreme. But, below that tip of the iceberg, lies a huge and loyal Apple following.

Nikon, by not saying a word on the widely reported D600 dust issue, and the D800 left-focus issue, is not helping themselves. Releasing a "speed bump" upgrade mid-cycle leave a bad feeling with the early adopters. Sure, camera gear is not an "investment" in the traditional sense. But it is not unreasonable to expect one's gear to hold its value or depreciate in a reasonable way.

Instead of making people want to line up for their next camera release, Nikon just made more people want to wait-and-see the next time they release a camera. Stupid, if you ask me.



Oct 08, 2013 at 11:34 AM
VinnieJ
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #15 · D600/D610 musings


lara_ckl wrote:
Hate to sound like an Apple fanboy (which I am not) but there is a reason why people line up outside Apple stores to get their hands on the latest and greatest Apple products. Nikon doesn't seem to realize that by being customer antagonistic like this slowly erodes away the positive brand loyalty one has for their brand. Of course, the Apple fanboys who line up in the snow 48 hours before the store opens are extreme. But, below that tip of the iceberg, lies a huge and loyal Apple following.

Nikon, by not saying a word on the widely reported
...Show more

Nikon did send out a press release regarding the dust issue. Basically saying if it's excessive and cannot be resolved through normal means to send it in to be fixed. (then fixed again and again and again )

More to your point Nikon has done these small iteration releases in the past. Good for the used market buyer and bad for those who feel like they got "ripped off" by purchasing the first release of the product.



Oct 08, 2013 at 11:44 AM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #16 · D600/D610 musings


lara_ckl wrote:
Hate to sound like an Apple fanboy (which I am not) but there is a reason why people line up outside Apple stores to get their hands on the latest and greatest Apple products. Nikon doesn't seem to realize that by being customer antagonistic like this slowly erodes away the positive brand loyalty one has for their brand. Of course, the Apple fanboys who line up in the snow 48 hours before the store opens are extreme. But, below that tip of the iceberg, lies a huge and loyal Apple following.

Nikon, by not saying a word on the widely reported
...Show more

Absolutely spot on here! 100% correct. I wont buy Nikon, ever, all because of what you describe above. Nikon clearly has no respect whatsoever for their customers.

Looks like it is Canon for me if I ever want to shoot my Nikon lenses digitally.




Oct 08, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #17 · D600/D610 musings


Lara -- sorry to burst your bubble but Apple is quite customer hostile, they just do it with a velvet glove. Thus the reason I hate Apple and don't use their products.

rattymouse -- Awesome! Does this mean you are leving the Nikon forum too? Or will you keep TROLLing around?




Oct 08, 2013 at 12:42 PM
VinnieJ
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #18 · D600/D610 musings


rattymouse wrote:
Looks like it is Canon for me if I ever want to shoot my Nikon lenses digitally.



That Pentax K-3 looks interesting.



Oct 08, 2013 at 12:45 PM
trenchmonkey
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #19 · D600/D610 musings


You guys are misunderstanding Nikon's design for the entry level FX body(s)
The oil spray is for the four corners of the sensor It give's one the
impression of vignette (using cheap glass) People will think you're
shootin w/ one of the high dollar f1.4's. Genius.



Oct 08, 2013 at 01:12 PM
lara_ckl
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #20 · D600/D610 musings


trenchmonkey wrote:
You guys are misunderstanding Nikon's design for the entry level FX body(s)
The oil spray is for the four corners of the sensor It give's one the
impression of vignette (using cheap glass) People will think you're
shootin w/ one of the high dollar f1.4's. Genius.


And if you cropped it square, you won't even see it.



Oct 08, 2013 at 04:22 PM
1       2       3      
4
       5       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password