Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2013 · D600/D610 musings

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · D600/D610 musings

Clearly by calling it the D610 it will be 10 better than the D600 while simply adding an "s" to the D600 will confuse consumers

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:59 PM
NickHenderson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · D600/D610 musings

I sent my D600 in to Nikon to fix the oil/dust issues. Can't wait to have my D610! lol

Sep 21, 2013 at 02:58 PM
blutch
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · D600/D610 musings

I sent my D600 in for focusing issues - no oil spots. They didn't replace the shutter.. at least they didn't tell me they replaced the shutter.. HOWEVER my shutter count was reset.

I can't remember the exact thing that was replaced - PCM assembly? But, it wasn't the shutter. Would they do that without telling me?

B

Edited on Sep 21, 2013 at 04:01 PM · View previous versions

Sep 21, 2013 at 03:23 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · D600/D610 musings

jhinkey wrote:
Clearly by calling it the D610 it will be 10 better than the D600 while simply adding an "s" to the D600 will confuse consumers

I agree John and on another note the are running out of "hundreds" At least naming it 610 leaves 620, 630 ect for future cameras

Sep 21, 2013 at 03:27 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · D600/D610 musings

EB-1 wrote:
A D610 would entail more than a new shutter or other mechanical parts.

I don't know ...

If you think back to the SB-900 flash, it had a reputation for over-heating. They came out with the SB-910 - notice here they merely added a "10" to the name - and the only meaningful difference was to fix the over-heating issue. The 910 also got different gels and a different menu button. That's about all I can think of.

That Thom Hogan guy seems to be leaning toward thinking that the only change with the 610 will be the dust/oil fix.

Sep 22, 2013 at 08:39 AM
geezfools
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · D600/D610 musings

Am I allowed to post this or is it worth adding:
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/09/19/first-set-of-nikon-d610-specifications-the-same-as-the-d600.aspx/

Sep 23, 2013 at 02:50 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · D600/D610 musings

You're allowed to post it. But in light of post #9, page 2 of this thread, we'll all know that you're a drive-by poster.

Not trying to be rude. It's just that sometimes I wonder if I'm an idiot for reading through a thread before making a comment.

geezfools wrote:
Am I allowed to post this or is it worth adding:
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/09/19/first-set-of-nikon-d610-specifications-the-same-as-the-d600.aspx/

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Shaun Nyc
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · D600/D610 musings

Nikon_14 wrote:
You're allowed to post it. But in light of post #9, page 2 of this thread, we'll all know that you're a drive-by poster.

Not trying to be rude. It's just that sometimes I wonder if I'm an idiot for reading through a thread before making a comment.

What's a drive by poster ?

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
geezfools
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · D600/D610 musings

Nikon_14 wrote:

I missed that, sorry, I literally ran up and down the entire length of century link field during yesterdays seahawks game probably 30 times and was a competitor in a strongman competition on Saturday. I didn't have time to re-read the entire thread before posting a blurb I saw on the internet, I did a quick check of the usual links and crashed. Both of your responses to me in the past few days have been similar. If you find me an idiot, feel free to block me to save yourself the trouble of having to point out my errors/jokes in every thread. Thanks.

Sep 23, 2013 at 02:15 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · D600/D610 musings

Ok, so we've had a misunderstanding- very easy to do on the internets with none of the non-verbal cues one has face-to-face or even over the phone. Instead of holding a grudge against someone we've never met, what do you say we just shake hands and be friends from here on out?

geezfools wrote:
I missed that, sorry, I literally ran up and down the entire length of century link field during yesterdays seahawks game probably 30 times and was a competitor in a strongman competition on Saturday. I didn't have time to re-read the entire thread before posting a blurb I saw on the internet, I did a quick check of the usual links and crashed. Both of your responses to me in the past few days have been similar. If you find me an idiot, feel free to block me to save yourself the trouble of having to point out my errors/jokes
...Show more

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

geezfools
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · D600/D610 musings

Nikon_14 wrote:
Ok, so we've had a misunderstanding- very easy to do on the internets with none of the non-verbal cues one has face-to-face or even over the phone. Instead of holding a grudge against someone we've never met, what do you say we just shake hands and be friends from here on out?

dealio, it's a monday anyways, what the heck. Must be my full frame envy getting the best of me. Someday... Us Nikon shooters gotta stick together

Sep 24, 2013 at 02:49 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · D600/D610 musings

geezfools wrote:
Us Nikon shooters gotta stick together

...And fight the common enemy. No, not Canon- Nikon Service Center!

Sep 24, 2013 at 03:07 AM
Dropsix

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · D600/D610 musings

I feel like it's almost worth it to sell the D600 now for a decent price, pick up a D90 or something in the meantime and then buy the d600 again once the 610 comes out and runs down the price of the 600. If that is actually happening.

Saves you a few bucks.

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:13 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · D600/D610 musings

This really cracked me up, I take my past link back. The D610 does have a significant improvement over the D600, the D610 now has 6 FPS instead of the turtle-like 5.5 FPS the D600 had

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/09/24/nikon-d610-announcement-on-october-7-8-the-only-known-improvement-for-now-6-fps-continuous-shooting-speed.aspx/

Sep 24, 2013 at 09:55 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · D600/D610 musings

hijazist wrote:
The D610 does have a significant improvement over the D600, the D610 now has 6 FPS instead of the turtle-like 5.5 FPS the D600 had

And who knows ... maybe the 6 FPS was someone just rounding 5.5 up.

Sep 26, 2013 at 06:57 AM
matthewsaville
• •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · D600/D610 musings

Honestly? From the current rumors it sounds like people should just buy a D600 and get free shutter maintenance!

For a D610 to interest me, as a landscape photographer, one thing it really needs to offer is 1-click 100% zoom during image playback. After having this feature since, what, the D200? ...I found it infuriating to live without when I reviewed the D600. I couldn't wait to get back to my other Nikons.

And when the D7100 was released without an AA filter and WITH the 1-click 100% zoom image playback, to me that was the nail in the D600's coffin for landscape / adventure photography. Why waste precious money and add precious ounces when I can have almost the same thing in a DX sensor? If you ask me the D7100 is the ultimate adventure camera now, and as the current rumors are putting it the D610 will not take back that crown.

Admittedly, both cameras could use GPS, a flippy LCD, and better FPS. And clearly Nikon has no intention of giving us those first two in an advanced DSLR any time soon. Which is why I gave up hope for Nikon's next 2-3 years and just bought a D5200 to tide me over. (I shoot weddings as my day job, for which my other 12-megapixel Nikons are great, but the landscape shooter in me has grown jealous of the DR and resolution that newer sensors have begun to offer...)

Hey, maybe the D5300 will have GPS....but then again crying over a camera that replaces yours just a few months after your purchase is like, well, spilled milk... ;-)

=Matt=

Sep 26, 2013 at 07:35 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · D600/D610 musings

matthewsaville wrote:
Honestly? From the current rumors it sounds like people should just buy a D600 and get free shutter maintenance!

For a D610 to interest me, as a landscape photographer, one thing it really needs to offer is 1-click 100% zoom during image playback. After having this feature since, what, the D200? ...I found it infuriating to live without when I reviewed the D600. I couldn't wait to get back to my other Nikons.

And when the D7100 was released without an AA filter and WITH the 1-click 100% zoom image playback, to me that was the nail in the D600's coffin for
...Show more

So you are arguing that the lack of a minor "chimping" feature kills the camera!!! Now that is funny. While you are chimping, you are not shooting.

I've heard everything now.

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:15 PM
lara_ckl
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · D600/D610 musings

Andre Labonte wrote:
So you are arguing that the lack of a minor "chimping" feature kills the camera!!! Now that is funny. While you are chimping, you are not shooting.

I disagree (respectfully). To me, it is not a minor feature. If I were weighing the pro/cons of a D600 (or D610), the lack of one-button-100%-zoom chimping feature would definitely be a big "minus". May not be a deal breaker, but that would depend on what's on the "plus" column.

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:43 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · D600/D610 musings

Andre Labonte wrote:

Doesn't kill the camera, just makes it not for him... Just like some sports shooters complain about the AF-ON button on the D600, or the ergonomics of the D7100, or the buffer, etc

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:52 PM
matthewsaville
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · D600/D610 musings

Andre Labonte wroteSo you are arguing that the lack of a minor "chimping" feature kills the camera!!! Now that is funny. While you are chimping, you are not shooting.

! Clearly you have not photographed many weddings or sports... Or maybe you just haven't had the joy of owning a Nikon that possesses this feature yet?

Admittedly for landscapes it is not as necessary of a feature, however having had access to it for over five years now, I REALLY miss it. It also doesn't help that I have been used to 12 megapixels for the last 6+ years either. Everything was clearly discernible at 100%, and I could always tell instantly if a shot was perfectly focused or not. You know how it is with technology, once you get used to instantaneous results, you have no patience for results that take 5-10 seconds...

And no, I would not consider it a deal-breaker. Obviously that is why I bought a D5200, which doesn't have that feature either. And I'm really loving the D5200 for landscape photography, the dynamic range is insane and the flippy LCD is quite useful. But it's still very annoying to check focus when I'm shooting wide open.

I'm just saying that there are very few things that a D610 could offer that would incline me to buy one versus a D600, but this is one feature that would make me consider paying an extra couple / few hundred bucks for.

Sep 26, 2013 at 04:54 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password