Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Iceland - Part 2

secondclaw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Iceland - Part 2

More photos from Iceland:
1. Random waterfall ... Gold N' Blue polarizer plus some saturation enhancements in Color FX Pro (as an experiment). It rained badly that day.

2. Remains of icebergs after the tide rolled away:

3. 3-frame HDR of glaciers

4. Seljalandsfoss waterfall. This was very difficult to shoot, as the water swirled around the cavern, making it impossible to keep the lens dry ...

5. Sunset on the black sand beach ... this may have been an HDR ...

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #2 · Iceland - Part 2

Hmm not sure why no one else has commented. I like the set, but there are a couple things I would change or fix if they were my shots.

The composition on #1 is a bit odd, but Im sure having that man made railing didnt help the cause. I would back off the blues from the rock faces for sure.

#2 has a nice overall feeling to it. I would like to be a bit closer to the icebregs though to see more of their detail. I would also remove that big sensor fiber above the left berg, and possibly clone out the power poles from the top right.

#3 and 4 are both nice with lots to look at. #3 gives a great sense of scale. The light in #5 is the best of the set imo! I would remove the small sensor fiber coming in the top of the frame though

Sep 16, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Iceland - Part 2

Sweet set of photographs! #2 and 3 are just awesome!

Sep 16, 2013 at 04:06 PM
Erik_J
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Iceland - Part 2

Yes a great set. Number 2 & 3 for me also

Sep 16, 2013 at 04:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

secondclaw
• •
p.1 #5 · Iceland - Part 2

Thanks Justin - I posted these while still traveling, so haven't had a chance to do real cleanup of spots and fibers yet.
1st one was kind of an experiment, since Gold 'N Blue creates an unnatural cast, I decided to roll with it. Agree on the rest of the comments!

Justin Grimm wrote:
Hmm not sure why no one else has commented. I like the set, but there are a couple things I would change or fix if they were my shots.

The composition on #1 is a bit odd, but Im sure having that man made railing didnt help the cause. I would back off the blues from the rock faces for sure.

#2 has a nice overall feeling to it. I would like to be a bit closer to the icebregs though to see more of their detail. I would also remove that big sensor fiber above the left berg, and possibly
...Show more

Sep 17, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Allynb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Iceland - Part 2

Great set. All print-worthy. Nice job.
Allan

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:05 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Iceland - Part 2

My favorites are #2 and #5. Not sure about blue/gold filter being useful in a weather like that.

Sasha.

Sep 18, 2013 at 03:42 AM
secondclaw
• •
p.1 #8 · Iceland - Part 2

Yea ... the filter was a test to see if it can brighten up a dull scene - not impressed. I may end up converting this photo to B&W and patch out the bridge rails.

alatoo60 wrote:
My favorites are #2 and #5. Not sure about blue/gold filter being useful in a weather like that.

Sasha.

Sep 20, 2013 at 04:47 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password