Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

KEH and shipping

anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · KEH and shipping

Not a rant here, just an FYI, and I'm likely the only one who didn't know this

I just shipped off a bunch of gear to KEH after accepting their quote on it. Declared value would come to 2k. Boxed it up and taped it up, securely packed, blah, blah. Called KEH "We insure it for $100." Say WHAT? $100 Insurance on a 2k package. Okay, I can buy additional insurance at the FedX depot. Great guys and gals at my local Depot. Well, doc, you have to pay for the shipping too if you want the additional insurance AND given the amount of it, we will have to open the package to inspect the contents.

So I authorized it, he opened it, took a look to ensure it was camera gear, closed it up and re-taped it and off it went. In fairness to KEH, agent did tell me that in all probability KEH would cover any loss if it were their gear I was sending back. Well, they hadn't agreed to the quote yet, so it was still my gear. So, 30$ and change later, gear is now insured for DV of $2k. Likelihood is very low FedX ground will screw it up between Philly and Smyrna GA, but who knows

Sep 13, 2013 at 05:46 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · KEH and shipping

Yes, many places offering free shipping forget to tell you about the low insurance limits. A while back I would have to buy UPS insurance at the 25,000 limit and they would always inspect. That is actually good because if there is a loss they can't blame packaging or say items were not there because they verified everything.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
kzoockof
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · KEH and shipping

Just yesterday I contacted KEH about sending in a Canon 500mm lens for a general cleaning and check up. I was concerned about their low shipping charges, but they assured me that the shipping amount shown would even apply to this lens (pretty big). I suspect insurance was not covered and would definitely want to have such a lens insured, even if it means me paying more for shipping in both directions.

Insurance always seems expensive until you need it.

For the record, I want to give a general shout out to KEH as a very good company to work with.

Sep 18, 2013 at 05:08 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password