Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A walk in the park

jim bennett
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A walk in the park

Hi All,

Interested in any comments you may have on this one. This is a pseudo infrared conversion. Shot with a Canon Pro 1.

http://jimhbennett.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Pro-1-Landscapes/i-dNNJcTZ/0/X2/Df1182-X2.jpg

Sep 13, 2013 at 05:33 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A walk in the park

Lots of views, no posts
Not sure why but here are my thoughts
I like the conversion, pseudoIR
The deep blacks of the sky add richness and depth
As presented, the processing, whether to one's taste or not, says more than the composition
My eye tends to wander about, partly pulled to the bright whites on the right but There isn't much interest there
I think your comp can pull together better by cropping from the right somewhere to the right of the darker tree in the water
Then the eye can follow left to right dark objects to center and up to the right again
You also get some balance of darker and brighter foliage framing the sides and upper halves of the image
Scott

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:28 AM
eeneryma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A walk in the park

Hope you don't mind me playing with your image. I'd be glad to take it down if you prefer.
I've heavily cropped your image for 2 reasons. On the bottom I feel the viewer should be closer to the areas of interest, like the shooting fountain. Also, I don't think the right side of the photo adds anything important. My eye focuses on the brightly lighted duck near the water's edge, and also on the two people walking along the path. I've tried lightening the people, but not too much to work with on this small an image. After cropping, I think the composition works better, at least for me.

A Walk in the Park cropped

Sep 17, 2013 at 03:14 AM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A walk in the park

sbeme wrote:
Lots of views, no posts
Not sure why but here are my thoughts
I like the conversion, pseudoIR
The deep blacks of the sky add richness and depth
As presented, the processing, whether to one's taste or not, says more than the composition
My eye tends to wander about, partly pulled to the bright whites on the right but There isn't much interest there
I think your comp can pull together better by cropping from the right somewhere to the right of the darker tree in the water
Then the eye can follow left to right dark objects to center and up to the right again
You also
...Show more
Thanks Scott! I will work on the crop and see what I come up with. Your feedback has been very valuable to me.

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:47 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A walk in the park

eeneryma wrote:
Hope you don't mind me playing with your image. I'd be glad to take it down if you prefer.
I've heavily cropped your image for 2 reasons. On the bottom I feel the viewer should be closer to the areas of interest, like the shooting fountain. Also, I don't think the right side of the photo adds anything important. My eye focuses on the brightly lighted duck near the water's edge, and also on the two people walking along the path. I've tried lightening the people, but not too much to work with on this small an image. After cropping, I
...Show more
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I agree the crop looks better. I have the raw file so I can play around with it quite a bit more. Your feedback has been very valuable to me.

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:49 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password