Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

Thats Fresh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

http://www.glennfajota.com/blog/new-lexar-professional-workflow-card-reader-hub

Could this be the first LEXAR product here in the office?! The Lexar Professional Workflow Card Reader modular system allows any combination of CF, SD or XQD card readers to be used at one time. This may be helpful since we have SD cards in our field recorders and CF cards in our HDSLRs. Uploading files for preview right after a shoot might be a breeze! If we need to upload four CF cards at one time, we would just insert four of the Lexar Professional Workflow CF Reader (sold separately) and vice versa with the SD cards Lexar Professional Workflow SD Reader (sold separately).

This still has a small footprint at 3.3"x4.3"x6" and also has a clean design if mounted on the desktop. With four cards uploading at the same time, it will need more power than the USB, so the supplied power cable will definitely keep uploads running smooth.

This sure beats the Sandisk all in one card reader.

Sep 13, 2013 at 03:29 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

its actually their second round at multiple type reader. but yes it is an excellent option for the busier photographer and can be customized for need.

Sep 13, 2013 at 04:25 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

Is there software that allows for automated copying from all four readers in sequence? That would actually be very useful.

EBH

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #4 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

It looks very cool. Does it copy all four readers at the same time? or one at the time?

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:11 AM
Michael White
• • •
p.1 #5 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

I went with the usb hub and four cf readers and. After several years the husband two. Of the cf readers died. But what I. Paid for the readers alone would cover this whole kit.

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:51 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

Michael White wrote:
I went with the usb hub and four cf readers and. After several years the husband two. Of the cf readers died. But what I. Paid for the readers alone would cover this whole kit.

Which hub and readers? Your post is not very clear.

EBH

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:03 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

sjms wrote:
its actually their second round at multiple type reader. but yes it is an excellent option for the busier photographer and can be customized for need.

Of main interest to me are the readers alone. The CF reader looks to be better than the combo Lexar CF/SD USB 3.0 reader in that it does not have the superfluous SD slot and popup thing to be removed.

EBH

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lsquare
• • •
p.1 #8 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

EB-1 wrote:
Is there software that allows for automated copying from all four readers in sequence? That would actually be very useful.

EBH

I would like to know too! It would be great if the software can also do hash checks to help ensure data integrity.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

It looks very nice. But do you get any card-reader when buying it. Or do you have to buy all those also. If so it's very expensive

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:54 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

It seems like just an $80 hub that holds the four card readers. So that would be $200 for the box and four SD or CF readers, or up to $260 for four XQD readers. Without some sort of copy sequencing app, I don't see the great appeal of the system. When copying from all four cards simultaneously there will be USB bus bandwidth limitations, not to mention the I/O constraints on the target.

EBH

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

EB-1 wrote:
It seems like just an $80 hub that holds the four card readers. So that would be $200 for the box and four SD or CF readers, or up to $260 for four XQD readers. Without some sort of copy sequencing app, I don't see the great appeal of the system. When copying from all four cards simultaneously there will be USB bus bandwidth limitations, not to mention the I/O constraints on the target.

EBH

read up on the USB3 bus and its capabilities. theres more then a subtle difference between that and usb2

Transfer speed Added a new transfer type called Super Speed or SS 5 Gbit/s (electrically it is more similar to PCIe Gen2 and SATA than USB 2.0)[4]

Increased bandwidth Instead of one-way communication, USB 3.0 uses two unidirectional data paths: one to receive data and the other to transmit

Power management U0 through U3 link power management states are defined
Improved bus utilization a new feature is added (using packets NRDY and ERDY) to let a device asynchronously notify the host of its readiness (no need for polling)

Support to rotating media Bulk protocol is updated with a new feature called Stream Protocol that allows a large number of logical streams within an Endpoint

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0

Sep 16, 2013 at 01:52 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

That would be fantastic.

Sep 16, 2013 at 05:25 PM
JPRPhotos
• •
p.1 #13 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

I was fortunate to win a new Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution from Lexar and received it last Friday with 2 CF card readers and 1 SD card reader. I was able to put it to work after photographing a HS football game importing 2 cf cards and found it to be extremely fast There is no special software, I opened a finder window, created a new folder, opened a finder window for each card, highlighted the files on each card, dragged them into the folder I had created and in a few minutes was done. It is a well thought out system and had I not won one I would have purchased it. Each card reader includes a usb cable so you can remove it from the hub if you are traveling and want an individual card reader.

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:38 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Lexar Professional Card Reader Hub

Paul Mo wrote:
That would be fantastic.

after too many years of dealing with digital and lots of companies software to support xfr and such I came to a conclusion, I will not install anything more then what I really need to make a specific product function. most makers barely support such software beyond the first year/version out. let the real software makers deal with the "opportunity" that has been presented to them, if they care to.

Oct 05, 2013 at 09:36 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password