Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Have you started shipping to Europe?

Aug 23, 2014 at 08:21 AM
phigment
• •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

No, sorry, that likely won't happen. That would be too much to handle for such a small company.

Aug 23, 2014 at 08:25 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

That's a big shame, 'cause I'm really interested… Isn't there anything we could do? Could you just put it on ebay or something?

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

xbarcelo wrote:
That's a big shame, 'cause I'm really interested… Isn't there anything we could do? Could you just put it on ebay or something?

I understand why Paul does not want to ship the adapter to you. But, I believe that one of us in either Canada or the USA could take shipment and then ship it on to you. Unfortunately this would result in 2 shipping charges.

Rich

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

naturephoto1 wrote:
I understand why Paul does not want to ship the adapter to you. But, I believe that one of us in either Canada or the USA could take shipment and then ship it on to you. Unfortunately this would result in 2 shipping charges.

Rich

That would be really good. I don't think that shipping to your end would be too expensive…

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

xbarcelo wrote:
That would be really good. I don't think that shipping to your end would be too expensive…

I have sent things to Spain and other European and worldwide locations in the past for members on another forum.

We can work something out to have Paul ship to me and then I could ship to you probably through one of the USPS offerings.

Rich

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Thanks, Rich! I'll PM you now.

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:31 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

I received my adapter, thanks.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Could you please describe your adapter in more detail, please.
Has anything been changed?
TIA.

Aug 30, 2014 at 01:17 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

https://www.phigmenttech.ca/lmnex/manual.pdf
Uses 3 sensors now vs 6
Leica 6bit codes aren't automatically recognized, but registration is not that hard.
I'm not sure if there is more.

Aug 30, 2014 at 01:38 PM
phigment
• •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

James,
Thanks for letting me know that it came. Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

k-h.a.w,
As James said, the real difference is in the sensor. Since the yield of ID sensors for auto 6-bit identification was very low I found another way to make this adapter useful. Basically you now mount the lens of interest and tell the adapter to 'register' this lens as 'X' (up to 10 lenses).

This 'register' mode is also available for the original version, but the two modes are mutually exclusive (it either works in 6-bit mode or register mode).

One other minor change is that the early models had a few grips on the body, but I found this unnecessary and it just increased the production cost. The new adapters (and a few of the original version) all have smooth bodies.

Aug 30, 2014 at 01:54 PM
phigment
• •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

I'd love to hear feedback from users!

I'd gladly consider any suggestions for any firmware improvements.

Praise and criticism is also welcome to help guide any future product design.

Sep 06, 2014 at 09:31 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Off the top of my head...
It's a little tricky getting the adapter to recognize that a different lens/code is on the adapter, having the adapter check the code when some operation is performed, like the focus sensor senses movement would help improve the operation.

Sep 06, 2014 at 11:52 AM
phigment
• •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Thanks for the suggestion. That's one part of the protocol that I haven't figured out yet. It looks like the camera needs to have the electrical connection severed before it does the new lens identification.

I do have some code in place to detect a new lens (similar to what you suggested, a focus change or sensor change will cause a re-scan of the id sensor), but I just can't tell the camera to change the lens model. I will take a closer look to see if I can come up with a way to force the lens change.

What I usually do is change the lens, then press the camera lens release, untwist the adapter by a couple of mm, then reseat in to place.

Sep 06, 2014 at 12:12 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Phigment LM-NEX: Electronic Leica -> NEX Adapter

Hi Paul,

I have ordered two of your latest adapters LM to E version 1.1. I am looking forward to be able focus just by turning the focus ring on my M lenses. I think this has been my biggest frustration having a two step process. Also I understand you can program up to 10 M lenses so the EXIF is identified and recorded.

Also I will be interested in the micro adjustments available with the adapter, as this may correct some of the out of tolerance issues with a number of adapters I have.

Having a number of M lenses that work well on the A7r and A7s, having focus detection and EXIFF will be great.

Oct 07, 2014 at 09:53 PM
1       2       3       4      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.