Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

johnmatrix84

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

I am photographing the bridges of central park for a photographic project. I am trying to capture the sense of peace I feel when I am in the park, away from the city. Below is the 77th st Bridge found at an entrance to the park. Thanks for looking.

77thstBridge by johnmatrix1, on Flickr

Sep 13, 2013 at 02:06 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

Love the look of the bridge, I would like to see the color version also. I really enjoy looking through the bridge at the trees on the other side, nice work.

Sep 13, 2013 at 09:29 PM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

Sounds like an interesting project. Central Park is such a busy place that you were fortunate to capture this without pedestrians. Just curious if that was your intention, to try to capture the bridges without people appearing in them? It's quite pastoral...and the irony is that one would never know that this is in the center of Manhattan. I guess that's the spirit of what Olmstead and Vaux, the designers of the park, intended.
Your photograph's perspective draws me to the circular area under the bridge showing a small glimpse of what's ahead. It's a bit like looking in a periscope and divining or imagining what's beyond the next bend.
A little bit of curves and levels adjustment in PS6. And my personal preference for a tighter crop. Hope you don't mind me playing with your image. If not, I'll be glad to take it down.

Central Park - tighter crop

Sep 14, 2013 at 03:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

Very nice
I prefer the cropped revision since you don't lose much bottom and it further brings the eye to and through the arch of the bridge
Scott

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:16 PM
johnmatrix84

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

I have to agree on the crop; it trims away the fat on the image.

Yes that was my intention with pedestrians. The image was taken early in the morning to avoid them. I wanted to create a calm, serene scene in the middle of a busy city.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:58 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 77th St Bridge in Central Park

I'm a bit torn @ tonal changes, as I like them ... but I also feel it loses some of the serene vibe because of them. The crop works nicely to help draw the eye and mitigate the foreshortening of the small rocks. Much goodness, just a matter of dialing in to taste.

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:41 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password