New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Field of View Demo Video & DAM Software Testimonial

Mardon Erbland
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Field of View Demo Video & DAM Software Testimonial

I've created a 12 minute YouTube HD video to show the effect of focal length on field of view.

I also did it to provide a quick look at Daminion Server software which IMO is the best photographic Digital Assest Management software that I've tried (and I've tried most - if not all - of them). Despite how this might look, I'm not affiliated with Daminion. I merely want to share my views about a product that I think other photographers might like to know about.

For the demo, I took a series of snaps with various Canon lenses on a Canon 1D Mark IV. I then used Daminion Server Software to catalogue the images and compare the various focal lengths to one another. The line-of-sight distance from the camera to the Dominion supermarket shown in the video was 2,170 meters (1.3 miles). I used a Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM on the 1D IV to record the opening 'head-shot' segment since I wanted to show most of my other lenses on the video.

Here's a link for anyone interested in viewing the video:
http://youtu.be/XhYi0mf-XVo

Cheers, Mardon

Sep 12, 2013 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.