New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

cbbr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shot tethered in LR5 and now nothing on the back of the D600 is responding - none of the buttons work. It shoots fine tethered. I have taken the batteries out for a minute which did not help. HELP!

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:49 PM
pburke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

hit the two green dot marked buttons you have in the back of the body together for a few seconds. It will reset the body to default. It is like a reboot.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:52 PM
cbbr
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

Thanks. Did it. Nothing. It acts like its plugged into a remote - the back buttons are non-responsive but it is working otherwise.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:54 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

does it still work when you tether it again? maybe another cycle will disconnect it properly?

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:56 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

Man, the D600 sure is doing a great job at giving me reasons not to buy one! lol

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:06 PM
cbbr
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

Nope. Tried that too.

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:07 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

NathanHamler wrote:
Man, the D600 sure is doing a great job at giving me reasons not to buy one! lol

good - leaves one more for me to buy.

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:14 PM
cbbr
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

Want to buy mine? HELP!!

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:34 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

some ideas -

charge the battery, press reset while there is none in there, leave the battery out overnight. There is always a backup battery in the body, so when you swap a battery the settings are not lost. That's what is keeping your messed up settings in place right now. On a computer I'd say pull the backup battery, but I don't know how to do that on a camera. It is confused, so do whatever you can to get it in a mode that changes its tether behavior.

Plug a wired remote in, change the shutter release to wireless and use a wireless trigger, go to bulb, etc basically try every mechanical switch you can to try to get it to snap out of tether mode. Remove the lens, put a different lens on. swap the memory cards, etc. Turn live view on. I bet you have done most of that, but who knows, one of these may just make those two green marked buttons come alive and then you can reset it with a 2 second simultaneous press on those.

Sep 11, 2013 at 09:04 PM
cbbr
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D600 won't respond after shooting tethered

Thanks - it seemed to reset once, but has reverted. I have left the batteries out for 10 mins, switched lenses twice, shot tethered and stopped it again, shot with a remote... nothing. And I have a shoot tomorrow.

Sep 11, 2013 at 09:24 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.