Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

MaxPreps

matt.garnett
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · MaxPreps

I just received an email from Jim Redman at MaxPreps that my photographer application finally got accepted! I'm pretty excited, I wanted to thank everyone here who has given me awesome critiques and really helped me improve. Now as a new member of MaxPreps, I'd be interested in any tips that you veteran MaxPreps shooters have for a newbie.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #2 · MaxPreps

Matt, Congrats! MAXPREPS will make you better and will at times drive you crazy!

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #3 · MaxPreps

Well done Matt. Congratulations!

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:09 AM
jspytek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · MaxPreps

Welcome. It's my first time shooting with them this fall as well. I'd be happy to have a newbie to learn with!

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:13 AM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #5 · MaxPreps

Congrats Matt. This is my first season as well and I already see that I need to be super critical of my images, to meet their requirements. Better to have a small gallery accepted than a larger gallery rejected.

Bill

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:58 AM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
p.1 #6 · MaxPreps

Welcome aboard! I've been a MP shooter since 2006. They will no doubt make you a better photographer. There is a FB group (ask Jim Redman about it) that is pretty helpful. Shooting for MP can be a lot like asking for C&C here, keep a thick skin, heed the advice of others and the learning curve will be easy.

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:22 AM
TSpyers
• •
p.1 #7 · MaxPreps

Matt congrats on getting accepted to MaxPreps. Good advice here so far, talk to Jim about the FB group, use that forum for any questions, learn to crop via PS actions or LR to their specs quickly and finally take their feedback to improve. It's been fun and challenging for me so far.

Tim

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM
Monkey Falls
• •
p.1 #8 · MaxPreps

Congratulations. It's nice to have an additional outlet to sell photos and have none of the order fulfillment headaches.

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MichGoBlue
• •
p.1 #9 · MaxPreps

Congrats! I just started with them this Fall as well. I find using LR for cropping to their specs makes it really easy. I have been focusing on smaller galleries (40-80 pics) to make sure everything is the highest quality I can get before I post it up.

Anyway I will echo the others about the FaceBook group - its a great place to get fast feedback and answers to questions, and its pretty friendly.

Sep 12, 2013 at 03:38 PM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #10 · MaxPreps

Matt,

Congrats on being accepted to Maxpreps. I see that you are in the Dallas area. You might want to find out who the other shooters are in your area and have an email blast every week as to what are your shooting plans. We do this in the Sacramento area so as to avoid double photogs for one game.

As everyone said, it'll make you a better shooter. Great group of photogs in FB, so you might want to sign up. Been with them since 2005.

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:42 PM
dhyravy

p.1 #11 · MaxPreps

Welcome to the fun! Been shooting for them about 5 years I think, been good so far.

Sep 12, 2013 at 07:52 PM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #12 · MaxPreps

Congrats on being accepted. Been shooting for them since last spring, they have been good to me.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #13 · MaxPreps

Congrats and great to hear.

Sep 13, 2013 at 01:35 AM
matt.garnett
• •
p.1 #14 · MaxPreps

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I'm really excited to start shooting with them. I posted my first test gallery last night and I'm curious to as what the norm for turn-around is. Is it 48 hours? 72?

Sep 13, 2013 at 02:46 AM
MichGoBlue
• •
p.1 #15 · MaxPreps

I have been getting 1 or 2 days.

Sep 13, 2013 at 05:25 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password