Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Thunder Bay Cascades

Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Thunder Bay Cascades

The cascades conservation area is easily accessible in Thunder Bay ON and a great location for photo opps.

Here a few. 1st is almost a 360 degree panorama.

BW conversion

Enjoy!

Edited on Sep 14, 2013 at 01:25 AM · View previous versions

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:20 PM
roguecoolman
• • •
p.1 #2 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Scott,

Lovely set. That pano is awesome. Did you stitch it in PS? I really like #3 as its so dramatic. The black white seems a bit too dark as the overall scene. I realize the original color is moody and dark but maybe you need to lighten some areas just a tad. Perhaps the right side trees, some of the rocks on the left and right side.. I don't think it needs to be lightened too much. Just a suggestion.

Jason

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:38 PM
Steve Perry
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Scott - That first one is just crazy good! - The rest are great shots, but wow #1 for me

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Thunder Bay Cascades

These are all very well done Scott! Your work never disappoints. The first is my favorite because the composition works so well with the panoramic format. Your processing is excellent.

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:41 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Scott, these are beauties- one and all.
I almost hate to say it, but I actually think the B&W is the bestest of them all.
Charlie

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:59 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Thunder Bay Cascades

very nice Scott.. especially #1

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM
camboman
• • •
p.1 #7 · Thunder Bay Cascades

#1 is my pick as well - the composition just works!

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:19 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #8 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Nice shots as always Scott. The composition on #1 is pretty sweet. I like the symmetry of it.

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Very nice work Scott and I like one, three and four the best.

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:24 PM
dgdg
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Thunder Bay Cascades

great set.
the pano is also excellent. I forget to take advantage of this option while out with the family. Maybe because it takes a little extra set up to do properly.

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Butch Braniger
• •
p.1 #11 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Great set Scott! #1 ia just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #12 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Great work as Always Scott! The Pano is by far my favorite of the bunch. I really like the colors and the comp. Nice Work!

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Mike M. Kraus
• • •
p.1 #13 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Very, very nice ! + 1 for the pano

Sep 12, 2013 at 07:04 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Thank you all very much!

roguecoolman wrote:
Scott,

Lovely set. That pano is awesome. Did you stitch it in PS? I really like #3 as its so dramatic. The black white seems a bit too dark as the overall scene. I realize the original color is moody and dark but maybe you need to lighten some areas just a tad. Perhaps the right side trees, some of the rocks on the left and right side.. I don't think it needs to be lightened too much. Just a suggestion.

Jason

Thank you Jason. I use PTGui for panoramas. This was a monster to put together. 3 exposures per angle shot in portrait. I have to stitch one set then replace source images for the other exposure sets. My PC is no slouch but it took a long time to process the panoramas. I then had to fix all the problems in the water from stitching. With moving water you will have a lot of alignment issues. I have many other panos from this trip I have yet to process. Will take me a while . Winter project!

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:32 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Thunder Bay Cascades

dgdg wrote:
great set.
the pano is also excellent. I forget to take advantage of this option while out with the family. Maybe because it takes a little extra set up to do properly.

From my experience shooting many many panoramas I can confirm that dont right it does take a bit of time setting up to shoots panos. I use a nodal rail and IMHO it is a must have for panorama shooting Especially with UWA lenses and close subject matter. Perfectly level tripod a MUST! Which can be tricky at the best of times never mind setting up on rocks and uneven surfaces.

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:39 AM
roguecoolman
• • •
p.1 #16 · Thunder Bay Cascades

Scott Kroeker wrote:
Thank you all very much!

Thank you Jason. I use PTGui for panoramas. This was a monster to put together. 3 exposures per angle shot in portrait. I have to stitch one set then replace source images for the other exposure sets. My PC is no slouch but it took a long time to process the panoramas. I then had to fix all the problems in the water from stitching. With moving water you will have a lot of alignment issues. I have many other panos from this trip I have yet to process. Will take me a while .
...Show more

Can't wait scott! Your panos are always a treat to view.

Jason

Sep 14, 2013 at 04:48 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password