Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · U16 Girls soccer

awacs
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · U16 Girls soccer

C&C please. Thank you!

Aram

2. Goal!

Edited on Sep 11, 2013 at 04:30 AM · View previous versions

Sep 11, 2013 at 04:26 AM
awacs
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · U16 Girls soccer

The last shot is from the league's 40th Anniversary festivities. My first hired gig by the league.

6. Goal! She had a hat trick.

8. Junior juggler

Sep 11, 2013 at 04:29 AM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · U16 Girls soccer

AWACS,
I'll provide some general comments.
You had some really harsh light and on my iPad they appear a bit over exposed but most likely due to trying to expose for both the shadows and the highlights.
I have found that in these lighting conditions, it becomes more important to position yourself such that you are not trying to shoot halfin and half out shadow. Instead position yourself s that their faces and fronts are nearly 100% in showdown or alternatively facing sun. If in the shadow, it will be more acceptable to blow highlights but you can get some great images. (you can search the forum for Debora Kolt who had a thread on this with great examples). Your shot 6 meets these criteria and is a good looking shot. 3,2, and 1 don't look as good and amplify the harsher looking light.

-guy

Sep 13, 2013 at 03:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jspytek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · U16 Girls soccer

Here's what I did for your #6. Dropped the photo into Lightroom, adjusted the setting to add more viberance and clarity. I have a habit of tweaking the greens to make the grass pop a little more, then I did an auto adjust to the exposure section. That took about 1 minute to do everything. (I'm not bragging just trying to give you an idea of how long it took to tweak).

Also be aware that I'm persoanlly working on my White Balance and presentation of clarity and have had some really good advice given to me on this board so do fee like what I said what the stone cold only way to do it. But I do think it helped your photo.

I try to shoot 3 things minimum in my soccer photos, ball, eyes and action. If I get a defender in the photo that's ok, but it depends on your audience. In my experience, parents don't care if the other player is in focus. The other player is a prop more or less. So shoot for a clean background and 80+% of the time you'll get a shot worth at least reviewing.

Good luck this season!

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · U16 Girls soccer

Aram,

Though lighting for sure and as others have pointed out, these are over exposed. Does the D3 have the capability of shooting at ISO 100 vs 200? Noticed these were at 200. Other comments:
#2 - OOF
#3 - still a tad OOF, were you focused on the center of the blue jersey player? Little contrast can cause this.
#4 - nice and low, exposure a bit better on this one. Action I would call medium vs peak. What did the next frame look like?
#5 - not certain what the intent for this one was
#6 - very good but the exposure kills it, try correcting in PP
#7 - good action

You might want to consider using F/4, which still does a great job at blurring the BGs and provides a bit more DOF, especially where there is ample lighting.

Matt

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM
awacs
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · U16 Girls soccer

I want to thank everyone for the feedback. All of it absorbed and believe me, I will try to incorporate every bit of it into my next shoot! Much obliged.

Aram

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password