FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cotopaxi

Phildan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cotopaxi

An active volcano with an altitude of 5897 meters, situed in Ecuador.

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cotopaxi

I think I prefer #3. You have some hot highlights in #1, #2, and #4.

Tim

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:19 PM
Phildan
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cotopaxi

Timmeh wrote:
I think I prefer #3. You have some hot highlights in #1, #2, and #4.

Tim

I agree. Will get back to the workbench.

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:31 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cotopaxi

Wow that is a huge mountain with several different climate zones on it's slopes. There is also a LOT of contrast on the scene making a tough subject. This one might benefit from long exposures to smooth out the clouds and show some movement but also might require multiple exposures to record the whole luminance range properly although I would not mind darker shadows to get detail in the highlights. Also, this location is right on the equator and you photographed it during or close to midday. I know on trips one sometimes does not have a choice but in that case black and whites work great in the harsh light.

Sep 10, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Phildan
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cotopaxi

Sneakyracer wrote:
Wow that is a huge mountain with several different climate zones on it's slopes. There is also a LOT of contrast on the scene making a tough subject. This one might benefit from long exposures to smooth out the clouds and show some movement but also might require multiple exposures to record the whole luminance range properly although I would not mind darker shadows to get detail in the highlights. Also, this location is right on the equator and you photographed it during or close to midday. I know on trips one sometimes does not have a choice but in
...Show more

You are right about the location and the time of the day. However, the problem is more with my clumsy post traitement than with anything else.

I will post them again after reprocessing them

Thanks for your kind comments. Will play with B&W conversion as well.

Phil.

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:27 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.