Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), ...

Brea
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), whats the widest end usable?

I'm testing 17mm and it seems like I get some warping issues when I try to do video at this angle.

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:33 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), whats the widest end usable?

Yep, plenty. Pans n' tilts will suck. Best not to swing it around.

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:39 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), whats the widest end usable?

If you want to move the camera around, use a camcorder. DSLR's are best used in a professional manner, on a tripod with no or very slow and very smooth panning.

Sep 10, 2013 at 09:45 PM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), whats the widest end usable?

17mm is super wide on a full frame camera. The widest motion picture camera lenses are typically 18mm unless you get a specialty lens and that is an equivalent field of view of 28-30mm on your 5DIII.

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:32 AM
jimmy462
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shooting video with 5d3, going to do lots of camera movement (17-40mm), whats the widest end usable?

Brea wrote:
I'm testing 17mm and it seems like I get some warping issues when I try to do video at this angle.

Hi Brea,

Which lens is this that you're shooting/testing at 17mm? And, by "warping", are you referring to barrel distortion or some sort of uneven distortion?

Canon TS-E 17mm f/4 L Tilt-Shift Lens Distortion:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Lens-Distortion.aspx?Lens=487

Jimmy G

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.