Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              15      
       end

Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #1 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

bobbytan wrote:
Great deal on the GX7 right now:

http://www.43rumors.com/category/deals/

*sigh* Dammit, I read this about a day too late. Already have a 20mm shipped from the B&S here, and for more than a new lens with this deal Ah well, lesson learned.

Probably best for me to not have found that deal, though - I can definitely survive with just a GX1 and 20mm, great combo for now.

Oct 23, 2013 at 02:35 AM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.16 #2 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

Several stores received a handful of E-M1 today and my copy with Adorama is (finally) shipping out. Should reach me on Monday ... and I am schedule to fly to China this weekend. Perfect timing, Adorama!

Edited on Oct 23, 2013 at 01:29 PM · View previous versions

Oct 23, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #3 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

bobbytan wrote:
Several stores received a handful of E-M1 today and my copy with Adorama is (finally) shipping out. Should reach me on Monday ... and I am schedule to fly to China this weekend. Perfect timing, Adorama!

That's great to hear!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.16 #4 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-e-m1-firmware-released/

Nov 28, 2013 at 01:50 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.16 #5 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

Yeah just updated, unsure if I can tell if AF is improved, maybe more reliable? The 12-40's fast as hell before the update, so I'm unsure if I can time it I'll try some difficult low-contrast, low-light shots later.

P.S. - I really wish we could petition Olympus for certain things - updating via SD card instead of through their software would be one, as it really gives you no indication of progress until you get the flashing signs on the back of the LCD -- scary stuff.

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:36 PM
Alan Ness
• • •
p.16 #6 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

Need some help from an experienced E-M1 user. Received a E-M1 recently and still getting used to it and set up like I want. I just want to shoot RAW, but when I go into Record mode the first option listed is RAW. But I can't seem to be able to select that, it is greyed out. The only way I can get RAW images is to select RAW + JPEG? Must have some setting goofed up.

Alan

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cputeq
• • • •
p.16 #7 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

Alan Ness wrote:
Need some help from an experienced E-M1 user. Received a E-M1 recently and still getting used to it and set up like I want. I just want to shoot RAW, but when I go into Record mode the first option listed is RAW. But I can't seem to be able to select that, it is greyed out. The only way I can get RAW images is to select RAW + JPEG? Must have some setting goofed up.

Alan

What do you mean by "record mode", like video recording?

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Alan Ness
• • •
p.16 #8 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

On page 70 of the manual they refer to "Image quality (record mode)". When shooting using the viewfinder, I press the On button and select image quality and on the bottom of the screen it lists several option, first one is RAW, then LF, then LNů.and then RAW+ different JPEG sizes. I can't move the cursor to select RAW, it seems greyed out--can select any of the other options. Same thing when shooting using live view--can bring up the same image quality options on the bottom of the screen, but can't select the first one listed on the left which is RAW.

Nov 28, 2013 at 04:35 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.16 #9 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

Alan Ness wrote:
On page 70 of the manual they refer to "Image quality (record mode)". When shooting using the viewfinder, I press the On button and select image quality and on the bottom of the screen it lists several option, first one is RAW, then LF, then LNů.and then RAW+ different JPEG sizes. I can't move the cursor to select RAW, it seems greyed out--can select any of the other options. Same thing when shooting using live view--can bring up the same image quality options on the bottom of the screen, but can't select the first one listed on the left
...Show more

What mode is the camera in? Sounds like you're in a Scene mode or something (top dial), which might not let you pick Raw?

For instance, I just enabled the SCP for the "ART" mode and I cannot select just RAW.

Nov 28, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Alan Ness
• • •
p.16 #10 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

I was in Shutter priority. I was able to get it fixed, I went into the menus and did a a basic shooting reset. Thanks for your help and consideration to my problem. Still not sure what I did wrong.

Alan

Nov 28, 2013 at 05:35 PM
Karm321

p.16 #11 · Official: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless announced!

For me too. I'm getting this in the mail from BH tomorrow

Apr 14, 2014 at 01:45 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password