FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

D. Diggler wrote:
Don't you use a minimal camera and lens setup or am I thinking of someone else?

I shoot mostly with a 35/85 combo these days, yeah, but I am still a bit of a gear-whore at heart.

Really it just took me using a lot of different things to figure out what I like best for me.

Sep 11, 2013 at 09:57 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

TTLKurtis wrote:
I shoot mostly with a 35/85 combo these days

That's what I thought.

What bodies you using?

Sep 11, 2013 at 02:50 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

D3S x 2

Sep 11, 2013 at 03:10 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

TTLKurtis wrote:
D3S x 2

Nice. (I've shot with one before.)

Sep 11, 2013 at 05:50 PM
taran
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

XPO239 wrote:
I'd hold off on the SU-800. Nikon will come out with their version of the 600ex soon. I can feel it.

Nikon usually waits 8-10 years before any technology considered "current" makes it into their pro range. Waiting for Nikon is, in my experience, a good way to prepare yourself for death.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:56 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

taran wrote:
Nikon usually waits 8-10 years before any technology considered "current" makes it into their pro range. Waiting for Nikon is, in my experience, a good way to prepare yourself for death.

Troll

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
taran
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

BigIronCruiser wrote:
Troll

There is no need to call names.

Nikon uses infrared and the pocket wizard has been out since the late nineties. So actually 14 years would be a the most pertinent number relating to the OP, if you are uncomfortable with my earlier assessment.

I could talk about wifi, nfc, live view, jpg algorithms, remote releases, and video, but my is guess you are resistant to criticisms of Nikon.

I own tens of thousands of Nikon digital equipment (and film before), and have been shooting professionally with Nikon since 2004. I purchased every Nikon "D" professional body since D2H if you would like me to send you EXIF or some shots (although I don't have a D4).

Check my flickr, my love affair with Nikon is a profound one. It truly breaks my heart to see them squander their digital lead while fanbois such as yourself resist ANY criticism, legitimate or not.

And what exactly is a troll? I would say it is someone who is smug in their defense of a system peering over the edge of a slippery slope. I hope Nikon changes zilch to please you.

Sep 12, 2013 at 09:31 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

Settle down guys. Canon only just came out with their wireless flash crap within the past year it's not like they are blazing ahead of the technological curve either.

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM
BIliili

[X]
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

Here is the link to the review. It works, uses AA, and has the ability to rotate the face to send ir signal behind or to sides. Also has a 40-50 meter reliable distance range. I just ordered one from off of ebay and will let you guys know how it works.
http://youtu.be/XeyN0uaBdnI

Sep 13, 2013 at 09:23 PM
BIliili

[X]
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Nikon's SU-800 and Receptions

YN622C or N (nikon or canon) also seems to be a great alternative to the pocket wizard flex for high speed sync. Not so sure about adjusting lighting power levels but still looks really cool and cheap... http://youtu.be/5P_Tp_-jz78

Sep 13, 2013 at 09:30 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.