Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

T4i (650D) Shutter issues

CrispyStatic

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · T4i (650D) Shutter issues

I'm almost at 100k clicks on my 1 year old T4i (lots of time lapse early on).

I'm no pro at diagnosing hardware issues, but it seems like the shutter is starting to fail.

Just this past week, my shutter has started seeming like it's not releasing. I'll take a shot, shutter will sound like it's holding open but finally releases. The picture comes out fine, but it sounds like it took a 2 sec exposure.

Last night, the shutter seemed to have got stuck open completely. It wouldn't release. Had to power cycle the camera and it reset.

With that said, anyone know the cost of shutter replacement or service? Is it even worth it on a T4i or should I just look to upgrade my body. Was really hoping to wait for the 7D mk II when ever they decided to release that.

Sep 09, 2013 at 05:41 PM
HauntedHat
• •
p.1 #2 · T4i (650D) Shutter issues

Shutters for entry level cameras are actually pretty cheap. The part itself costs around $50 dollars (so i'd say $80-100 with labor costs included). I'd say it is more than worth it to just have it replaced, it's not like you're going to find a 70D for 100 bucks anytime soon

Sep 09, 2013 at 06:09 PM
CrispyStatic

p.1 #3 · T4i (650D) Shutter issues

Thanks Haunted. Was hoping someone might have a guess on cost. I live in Irvine, CA, so CPS is just around the corner. I'll see what they say.

Sep 09, 2013 at 08:35 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · T4i (650D) Shutter issues

HauntedHat wrote:
Shutters for entry level cameras are actually pretty cheap. The part itself costs around $50 dollars (so i'd say $80-100 with labor costs included). I'd say it is more than worth it to just have it replaced, it's not like you're going to find a 70D for 100 bucks anytime soon

Do tell us where you can get a shutter replaced for "$80-100".

Sep 10, 2013 at 05:30 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password