Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

Archive 2013 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

kwoodard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

I don't know what happened, but now when I get an email stating that a response has been received to a subscribed thread, when I click on it, I do not go to the wrong page. It appears that perhaps the number of posts the mobile site shows per page is half of what the web standard version shows and goes to the wrong page.

Sep 30, 2013 at 06:21 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

kwoodard wrote:
I don't know what happened, but now when I get an email stating that a response has been received to a subscribed thread, when I click on it, I do not go to the wrong page. It appears that perhaps the number of posts the mobile site shows per page is half of what the web standard version shows and goes to the wrong page.

I will look into this. Thanks for posting.

Sep 30, 2013 at 06:33 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

varome wrote:
Can you bring back the you got PM notification?

This is now done. I added the PM pop-up Alert on the main Forum index page.

Sep 30, 2013 at 06:35 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Fred Miranda wrote:
I will look into this. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, I noticed I had a typo in what I initially wrote, if you need clarification... When I click on the link to go to the thread, the page number is correct (if I was on the standard site) but the mobile site, it takes me to about half. Seems like the number of pages shown on the mobile site have doubled (showing perhaps half the number of posts per page vs. the standard site). I can take screenshots on my phone if needed.

Sep 30, 2013 at 06:49 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

One more suggestion: any way to have the post pages listed in the post listing in each forum, or at least the "end" button. For long threads like the Alt image threads, I often navigate directly to the end...can't do that on the mobile site.

Also, I'm seeing the page numbering bug hit when replying. For instance, when I submit this post, I'll go to page 4, even though it's showing as a 7 page thread on mobile. (Seems mobile is 10 posts per page instead of 20)

Sep 30, 2013 at 07:01 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Jman13 wrote:
One more suggestion: any way to have the post pages listed in the post listing in each forum, or at least the "end" button. For long threads like the Alt image threads, I often navigate directly to the end...can't do that on the mobile site.

Also, I'm seeing the page numbering bug hit when replying. For instance, when I submit this post, I'll go to page 4, even though it's showing as a 7 page thread on mobile. (Seems mobile is 10 posts per page instead of 20)

That is what I am seeing Fred, just better worded than my post. Jman, I think on my iPhone, there is an "End" button...

Sep 30, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

kwoodard wrote:
That is what I am seeing Fred, just better worded than my post. Jman, I think on my iPhone, there is an "End" button...

I see the end when I go to my posts (My bookmark is to my post list), but not in the forum post listing. I'm on an iPhone as well (5S running 7.0.2 with Safari)

Sep 30, 2013 at 07:57 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

mitesh wrote:
Fred,

May I suggest placing a "forum" button at the bottom of the thread page as well as the top? After having read through a full page of posts for a thread, it is a bit cumbersome to have to scroll back up to the top to access the button to return to the forum.

Done.

Sep 30, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

kwoodard wrote:

fixed.

Sep 30, 2013 at 09:16 PM
kodakeos
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Ooooooh! Just found it tonight! Love it!! Great job!!!!

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Jman13 wrote:

Jman13,
The page numbering bug is fixed.

I also added an arrow right below the last post "Time". That arrow will take you to the thread's last post.

Fred

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

mitesh wrote:
Ronnie,

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, there is a link to either "mobile version" or "standard version". I don't have the phone you have, but I'm guessing that you just need to click "mobile version" on yours to get it to display as such.

No luck Thanks anyway.

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:19 AM
liamtoh1

p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Fred,

Thanks for providing the mobile version. My default home page on my phone browser was dp..... ; promptly changed it to fredmiranda.com

I will provide feedback, if any, when I get a chance to explore it more.

Keep up the good work.

Oct 01, 2013 at 06:14 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

My first few clicks and I'm liking it so far.

Can the arrows to go to the last post be larger? Added to the topic column?

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2013 at 08:14 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

I like it so far, I wish the 'Send Reply' button was centered like the desktop version.

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:00 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the "..." button for multiple page threads is not working on my iPhone (Safari/iOS 7.0.2). Tapping on it does not open a dialog box or activate a drop down list. I can see the button being depressed, but no response to the input.

Oct 01, 2013 at 03:01 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Yes,
The "..." button is not working at all on the mobile code...I will take a look.
Fred

mitesh wrote:
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the "..." button for multiple page threads is not working on my iPhone (Safari/iOS 7.0.2). Tapping on it does not open a dialog box or activate a drop down list. I can see the button being depressed, but no response to the input.

Oct 01, 2013 at 05:29 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Done that.

BenV wrote:
I like it so far, I wish the 'Send Reply' button was centered like the desktop version.

Oct 01, 2013 at 06:31 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

This should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting it.
Fred

mitesh wrote:

Oct 01, 2013 at 08:06 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · fredmiranda.com Mobile coming...

Hope it works well on Android!

Oct 01, 2013 at 08:08 PM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.