New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

domrafiti1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

I have an opportunity to pick up one of these for $50. I did some looking around online and in the buy and sell forum and it looks like they usually go from ~$300. I feel like I am getting a pretty good deal, and am not sure how long i am going to hang on to the lens for although I was curious if you guys/gals have had any experience with this lens. What kind of things should I look for when I go to check it out today. Are there any common issues to be aware of?

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:21 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

Is it an M42 or X-mount?

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:50 AM
domrafiti1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

This is the M42 mount, currently its mounted on an old Fujica SLR.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:02 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

I don't have an experience with the lens directly, but it sounds like an excellent deal if the lens is in shootable shape. Make sure you can get an M42 adapter that has a "lip" to hold down the aperture lever on the lens' mount. I've been looking for one for Sony Alpha to go on my Fujinon 35/2.8 for a couple of weeks now with no luck, and coming up with an alternate solution that won't eventually fail has been a sincere PITA.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:52 PM
domrafiti1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully ill be picking up a new lens tonight!

Sep 09, 2013 at 03:19 PM
miguel_13
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 Question

Its actually a pretty good lens, there seemed to be some demand for the ebc M42 fujinons a year or two back and maybe still. I had the 50 f1.4 and it was nos, brand new, but. . .I am certain that the mount had to be modified to work on a standard M42, the Fujinons had a little metal index tab that protrudes and without modification will bind the aperture ring. Its not difficult to address if you don't mind doing about 15 minutes of file work, but its not for everyone. That and you need the M42 adapter with the 'lip'

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.