FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · LADEE launch

Cookies
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LADEE launch

The launch of a Minotaur V rocket carrying the NASA LADEE lunar probe as seen from Cape Cod, MA.... 390 miles away from the launch site, Wallops Flight Facility in Virgina.

The second stage burnout is seen as well as the ignition of the third stage, including an exhaust plume. The summer Milky Way including Sagittarius is at the far right.

Chris
http://www.abmedia.com/astro/current/minotaur-ladee.jpg

Sep 09, 2013 at 08:22 AM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LADEE launch

That's quite a capture, good work.

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Cookies
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LADEE launch

Thanks Stan! It was great fun to watch.

Sep 09, 2013 at 09:42 PM
Todd
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LADEE launch

That is a cool image. A great location too. You captured some history here, especially if this probe finds any unique phenomena on the moon.

Todd

Sep 09, 2013 at 09:48 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LADEE launch

all the way from Virginia to the moon

Sep 10, 2013 at 04:54 AM
marklankton
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LADEE launch

Cookies wrote:
The launch of a Minotaur V rocket carrying the NASA LADEE lunar probe as seen from Cape Cod, MA.... 390 miles away from the launch site, Wallops Flight Facility in Virgina.

The second stage burnout is seen as well as the ignition of the third stage, including an exhaust plume. The summer Milky Way including Sagittarius is at the far right.

Chris
http://www.abmedia.com/astro/current/minotaur-ladee.jpg

Very nice shot! I'm especially happy to see it because I worked on one of the science instruments, the Lunar Dust Experiment (LDEX). We are really looking forward to getting to the Moon and seeing what we can see.
Mark

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Cookies
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LADEE launch

Very nice shot! I'm especially happy to see it because I worked on one of the science instruments, the Lunar Dust Experiment (LDEX). We are really looking forward to getting to the Moon and seeing what we can see.
Mark

Wow Mark, very cool!!! You must be so excited. I can't wait to see what sort of data this mission will return.

Chris

Sep 11, 2013 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.