Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Contrasts

Edited on Sep 09, 2013 at 11:32 AM · View previous versions

Sep 08, 2013 at 06:55 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Contrasts

Good eye! two and three are my picks. Can't help wondering though how much more contrast had the woman been turned 90 degrees to the lines on the street.
Douglas

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:14 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Contrasts

Thanks Doug.

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:32 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Contrasts

I like these a lot mate, especially 1.

Sep 08, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Contrasts

Excellent! 1 and 3 for me

Sep 08, 2013 at 11:39 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Contrasts

1 + 3 magic

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:04 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Contrasts

Thanks for looking and commenting Tony and Sunny Sra.

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:41 AM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Contrasts

that last one is so clever. Love it.

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:54 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Contrasts

Thanks, I just added that. The Mrs and I were at an exhibit and we were talking about the piece and the security gaurd was listening and looking at what we were discussing. I think everything just lined up perfectly for that one.

Sep 09, 2013 at 12:22 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Contrasts

douter wrote:
Good eye! two and three are my picks. Can't help wondering though how much more contrast had the woman been turned 90 degrees to the lines on the street.
Douglas

Hi Doug. I meant to comment more in depth when you first posted this. Just getting around to it now. Thanks so much for commenting. You usually do and I really appreciate it. The thing that can be so tough about working on the street and working in the moment is you have to see when the elements come together in a fraction of a second and then capture that instead of setting them up and controlling them.

The beautiful thing and the thing I love so much about that kind of work is the lack of control of the actual situations. The majority of the work I have to do professionally is very controlled.

The image with stripes I saw all those lines on the pavement and loved the raking light I just knew if there was going to be a photograph there needed to be a little more in the frame.

I saw this woman with this amazing striped dress about a 1/4 block or so away and was hoping that she would continue towards me and the stripes on the pavement and not turn at the corner. She did, so I wanted for her to line up with the diagonal line in the vertical rectangle on the far right in the frame. I just hoped my timing got her stride right and that she lined up with that diagonal.

I also knew that the lines were what this image is about so I didn't want her to be the subject so that dictated the crop. I think that the long vertical rectangle on far the right with the single diagonal line is also important in the fact is it balances the vertical shape on the left (her). And I think they both needed to be cropped into to fully complete the balance. The diagonal shadow was a real bonus.

Those are my thoughts and please feel free to disagree.

Sep 09, 2013 at 12:39 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Contrasts

They are all interesting but #1 really stands out for me. Thanks for sharing all of them.

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:47 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Contrasts

treebeard thanks for commenting.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:47 AM
poshyp
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Contrasts

Very nice

Sep 11, 2013 at 09:23 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Contrasts

thanks....

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.