FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Getting closer

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Getting closer

No expectations today going to the Jersey shore....but I did come away with some nice viewing although the photography was only of the documentary type.
I've been trying to get decent photos of peregrine falcons for some time now but haven't been able to get anywhere near enough to get a good shot. I did manage to get a couple at a distance today (these are all at least 100% crops)...but at least I can identify them as peregrines. Also had a cooper's hawk, northern harrier and then an osprey fly by. All in all not bad for mid afternoon birding.
One day I'm hoping for an opportunity to get something more than a dot in the viewfinder but at least I'm getting closer.
Eric

http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Raptors/i-27wDFm3/0/XL/XPAN0405peregrine-XL.jpg

http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Raptors/i-JvzxGgQ/0/XL/XPAN0408peregrine-XL.jpg

http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Raptors/i-d7zz9Dd/0/XL/XPAN0492osprey-XL.jpg

http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Raptors/i-NwKZ4hN/0/XL/XPAN0514osprey-XL.jpg

5 Mick Jaguar....this jaguar has become a star...a recent series of photos by Justin Black has gone "viral". We named this cat back in June being the first to see and photograph/document him. You can see how shy and unassuming he is
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Pantanal/i-p7jJkm5/0/XL/XPAN6156mickjaguar-XL.jpg

Sep 06, 2013 at 08:47 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Getting closer

#4 and the jag for me Eric. Seeing a peregrine in the wild would be cool as, even from a good distance. Still waiting.

Sep 06, 2013 at 09:09 PM
canon.eos30d
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Getting closer

Very nice set, Eric. Osprey and Jaguar are 2 very fast hunters on land and water. Definitely we have to count the speedy falcon. Beautiful capture.

- Tam

Sep 06, 2013 at 11:21 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Getting closer

While your day may not have given you the full frame fill , you did get some nice shots Plus, you got to see some beautiful birds. I have never seen a peregrine , would love to. Looks like the osprey is giving you the eye ! Love the last shot of the osprey .

Magnificent looking jaguar .

Birdie

Sep 07, 2013 at 12:06 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Getting closer

I feel for you buddy. I have one shot of a Peregrine, and it's just close enough to tell what it is. The Ospreys and the big kitty are very nice though ~ Ron

Sep 07, 2013 at 06:04 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Getting closer

peregrines are wild in this part of the country Eric .. nicely done.. especially the last

Sep 07, 2013 at 06:17 AM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Getting closer

Eric I pick the last two!!!
BeeBalm

Sep 07, 2013 at 01:16 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Getting closer

Cool shots Eric. Well done with the PF's
David

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:11 AM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Getting closer

peregrines are tough eric, they can move super fast! you did well with the osprey though, and the cat was a nice surprise as well.

dorian

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:13 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Getting closer

Nice job on these IF shots. Patience and perseverance will give you the shots of a Peregrine you are looking for. I hope it will be very soon
Socrate

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:38 AM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Getting closer

Nice Osprey shots Eric, but the Jaguar is my pick - terrific!

Paul.

Sep 08, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Reeftank1
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Getting closer

Still a fine job!
Brian

Sep 08, 2013 at 11:11 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Getting closer

Dots dot Eric. Both osprey photos are strong and of then there is the leopard which looks great though you might want to darken the leaves in the sun on the left.

Morris

Sep 08, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Plinian
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Getting closer

Eric, these may not have the same level of detail as peregrine images shot while hiding in a secret location, but I have yet to see a peregrine in the wild, yet alone capture an image, so I'm impressed! I'm also impressed by Mick, but for a different reason...he looks small, almost playful in this image; guess you need a caiman in the frame to judge relative size!

Keep 'em coming! ~Greg

Sep 08, 2013 at 10:15 PM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Getting closer

Splendid set Eric! Mother Nature's finest flying machine depicted in the first two is a pleasure to see. All are good and the last two are my favorite. Nice job!

Sep 09, 2013 at 03:24 AM
mallardg500
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Getting closer

Last 2 are my top picks from this nice set Eric!

Phoo

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.