Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · An Orange Outing

Stu Scully

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · An Orange Outing

Below are a few pictures I took with a photographer friend Olga. She's had this orange dress for a long time and she uses it often when she's doing photography sessions but she's never been able to get any pictures of herself in it. So she finally got frustrated enough and we made it happen!

Let me know what you think!

Sep 06, 2013 at 01:45 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · An Orange Outing

4 is a really unflattering frame. This set would be much better as just shot #7, which is so much stronger then the rest. I know logos are a personal choice, but as a branding, it makes me think less of you as a professional seeing it (if you are or aren't though I have no idea). It definitely takes away from your photography.

Sep 06, 2013 at 01:56 PM
Stu Scully

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · An Orange Outing

I'm curious as to why you say #4 is unflattering?

As far as the logo, its just there as an attempt to prevent gross image stealing without stealing too much away from the main subject. I'm more of a "dedicated hobbyist" than a paid professional. If you can offer other ways of doing that I'd be more than happy to listen to them!

Sep 06, 2013 at 02:50 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · An Orange Outing

Stu Scully wrote:
I'm curious as to why you say #4 is unflattering?

her legs are in a position that puts emphasis on her crotch; the pose/body composition is not elegant or pretty, IMO. Compared to say #5, which is much more flowing and natural, 4 seems 'in between' shots.

Stu Scully wrote:
As far as the logo, its just there as an attempt to prevent gross image stealing without stealing too much away from the main subject. I'm more of a "dedicated hobbyist" than a paid professional. If you can offer other ways of doing that I'd be more than happy to listen to them!

If you really want to use that logo, I would lower the opacity a lot more at least. Have you had images stolen in the past? Usually if someone wants to use a shot bad enough, regardless, they will find a way, so I would maybe advise a simpler text logo or photo credit.

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:09 PM
Stu Scully

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · An Orange Outing

jeremy_clay wrote:
her legs are in a position that puts emphasis on her crotch; the pose/body composition is not elegant or pretty, IMO. Compared to say #5, which is much more flowing and natural, 4 seems 'in between' shots.

Ah, I see your point. I liked the way it seems to convey her "hopping" along toward the camera but I do see your point of view around emphasis. #4 was a part of the "progression" of her walking toward the camera.

jeremy_clay wrote:
If you really want to use that logo, I would lower the opacity a lot more at least. Have you had images stolen in the past? Usually if someone wants to use a shot bad enough, regardless, they will find a way, so I would maybe advise a simpler text logo or photo credit.

Thanks for that feedback, I'll go back and play around with the watermark file and experiment with it. You're right about if someone wants something they'll find a way to take it but I have also found that most people (especially if they're not trying to make money off your work) will tend to not bother removing the watermark if it's not too obstructive.

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:51 PM

bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · An Orange Outing

The location in 1 has potential but I don't think you made the most of it.
As mentioned 4 is deleted shot for me.

The one I really like is 7

Sep 07, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · An Orange Outing

I think you have some really nice shots here, Stu. I really like 5, 7, and 8.

Sep 07, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Stu Scully

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · An Orange Outing

bbourizk wrote:
The location in 1 has potential but I don't think you made the most of it.
As mentioned 4 is deleted shot for me.

The one I really like is 7

Thanks for the feedback!

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Stu Scully

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · An Orange Outing

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
I think you have some really nice shots here, Stu. I really like 5, 7, and 8.

I'm glad you liked them! Olga, the model, is a big fan of #5 as well!

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:46 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · An Orange Outing

7 and 8 for me

Sep 08, 2013 at 02:30 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password