Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Boo!

tsaphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Boo!

1. Crop suggestions?

2. Should I add a vignette darkening everything but her face? I upped the vibrance in the PSD file until the background matched her eyes, but it's brighter in the JPEG...

3. The eyes - too colorful, too sharpened?

4. Other comments?

TSA

Sep 06, 2013 at 07:15 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Boo!

Bump the hue to reduce the red/magenta skin cast, reduce some bright distractions on the right and maybe add some background blur to reduce background business?

Sep 07, 2013 at 01:17 AM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Boo!

Love those baby blue eyes. What about cropping off the bottom as the area of interest is the face and the bottom third, unfortunately due to shadow, adds little.

Sep 07, 2013 at 02:33 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Boo!

Took a stab at some tweaks to see where it'd take me.

Looks like it landed me somewhere between Steve and Karen.

As to the sky/eye color, they are a bit much for my taste so I dialed them back a touch. In doing so though, I dialed the sky back more. Imo, the goal for the image should be to draw us toward our subject, not compete with it. The color match vibe is kinda cool in concept, but if it pulls us away (i.e. "look over here"), is it doing us any favors is something we might want to re-ask ourselves. Subjective to your goals for the image of course, but that's my .02 on it.

Sep 07, 2013 at 06:32 PM
tsaphoto
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Boo!

Love the crop. Thanks. I might even play with it tighter - the face and eyes are really the entire focus of the image for me.

RB, what you said is exactly what I was talking about. On my monitor in the PSD file, the background matched the eyes just right to where they popped more - the blue felt like it just radiated through. It doesn't do that in the JPEG - the background is brighter and more distracting. I'm going to tone it back down.

Sep 09, 2013 at 06:57 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password