Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Wahoowa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

I'd like to hear how it goes with this too. At least, it looks like you have a trace. Best of luck to you.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Jen,

FWIW, you are now dealing with two of the most difficult agencies with whom any of us ordinary folk have to deal, two branches of the Federal Government: the USAF and the USPS. Don't let this "we'll get back to you" cause you to lose interest in pursuing a just outcome here. Keep the fire to their toes and other places as well I kid you not, there is nothing more liked by the Feds than someone who "just goes away." DON'T GO AWAY, JEN. Hammer this guy on his FB page!!

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
JohnnyMike
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Should resolution not be swift, I suggest an attempt at involving national media. The USAF does not like attracting negative attention.

Best of luck Jen.

Sep 13, 2013 at 04:16 PM
jusbokeh

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

He's a disgrace to the uniform.

Sep 15, 2013 at 08:34 PM
lilbunny

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

anthonysemone wrote:
Jen,

FWIW, you are now dealing with two of the most difficult agencies with whom any of us ordinary folk have to deal, two branches of the Federal Government: the USAF and the USPS. Don't let this "we'll get back to you" cause you to lose interest in pursuing a just outcome here. Keep the fire to their toes and other places as well I kid you not, there is nothing more liked by the Feds than someone who "just goes away." DON'T GO AWAY, JEN. Hammer this guy on his FB page!!

Thanks you anthony for the support! I will definitely continue to pursue this issue!

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
lilbunny

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Update:

I posted a thread on potn , but it was deleted by the mods. Unfortunately, even though my main intentions were just to warn people and get suggestions of what to do the mods did not see it that way. There were a few members that posted on my thread before it was deleted and offer some very helpful information on how to pursue this matter.

One of the members confirmed with me that Ian Talbot is in fact part of the AFA and graduated in 2010. His fathers name is Douglas Talbot and lives in Concord/Weare, NH.

Another member has tie with the military and offered to seek help from the inside so we'll see where we going with this. At this point it's a waiting game.

Just a bit of info but we're getting somewhere and im currently waiting for more evidence. I feel like layers of Ian Talbot is starting to unfold and it makes me feel like something can be done about this. Once again thank you for all your support , I really appreciate it all . At times like these it is great to know that there are so many awesome people out there that is willing to lend a helping hand to a total stranger. I will try to update should anything arises. Have a good night.

Edited on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM · View previous versions

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

As a retired AF vet, I am so sorry to hear about this terrible situation and that it comes from a fellow Airman. Sickens me to hear shame brought to any service and hope this all works out for you.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
lilbunny

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Weasel_Loader wrote:
As a retired AF vet, I am so sorry to hear about this terrible situation and that it comes from a fellow Airman. Sickens me to hear shame brought to any service and hope this all works out for you.

Thank you for your support! I hope so too! Yes, I trusted him mainly because he is part of the Airforce and that he is an upstanding individual serving our country. One bad apple does not make the entire barrel rotten. Thank you for your service.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Yes, I trusted him mainly because he is part of the Airforce (sic) and that he is an upstanding individual serving our country.

This is a seriously misguided sentiment. There are more criminals and social deviants that end up in the military than there are anything else. These individuals cannot or will not discipline themselves to fit into society so they give themselves over to the government to do it for them. I see most military members as misfits that would be in prison if not for the 'escape' of the military. I say most as there are exceptions but the rule I go by is, if they're in military service they may as well be in Leavenworth or Sing-Sing.

Sep 17, 2013 at 03:36 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

I will restrain myself from telling you what I really think about your post. I hope it doesn't reflect who you are as a person. Do me a favor: head over to Arlington Cemetery and say that to the gravestones. Take a trip to France, go to Normandy, and stand at the head of Omaha Beach and shout out, "all those who are buried here, all 9000+, were nothing but criminals." Whew

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

@ Sarsfield... There will be a small percentage of assholes in any population... look at yourself as an example... said with a smile...

Jefferson

Sep 17, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

I figured my words would be twisted by anthony. Here's my statement: "I see most military members as misfits that would be in prison if not for the 'escape' of the military. I say most as there are exceptions..." I'm not talking about draft era veterans of our military. I'm talking about right now. Take a look at what happened in Washington, DC yesterday. A prime example of today's "recruit".

By the way, I'm an honorably discharged veteran.

Sep 17, 2013 at 06:31 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

I won't dignify your post with a response.

Sep 17, 2013 at 06:53 PM

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Too bad this post degenerated into such broad statements about the military. In the interest of the OP I wanted to throw something out there. I have seen more than one scam involving the stolen identity of someone in the military where the scammer pretends to be this person. Scammers do this to gain instant credibility and also it is difficult for many military personnel to learn what is going on until it's too late because they are often overseas and/or "busy". I'm not saying this is what happened here but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility and being aware of this hopefully will help others when they are dealing with someone claiming to be so and so from the ... branch of the military.

Anyway, best of luck getting your lens back and I hope this person is brought to justice.

Sep 17, 2013 at 07:29 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Jen,

any additional information on your efforts to get your lens back?

Sep 30, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

rainshadow wrote:
Too bad this post degenerated into such broad statements about the military. In the interest of the OP I wanted to throw something out there. I have seen more than one scam involving the stolen identity of someone in the military where the scammer pretends to be this person. Scammers do this to gain instant credibility and also it is difficult for many military personnel to learn what is going on until it's too late because they are often overseas and/or "busy". I'm not saying this is what happened here but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility and
...Show more

This is pretty unlikely when the shipping address is an APO. Hopefully everything gets settled. If this is the guy, hope he gets prosecuted and you get your money back.

As an Army veteran, I can say that I had a few bad apples in my units, but the majority were high quality soldiers with respect and dignity.

Sep 30, 2013 at 06:58 PM
lilbunny

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

A little update:

So the member I have mentioned in the past that was a retired military personnel he was able to make contact with Ian's CO. Ian is currently under investigation, apparently there were others who filed a complaint against him. They said they'll take him in for questioning and see where that goes. I'm waiting for AFOSI to get back to me, he said that they should be contacting me shortly after . Also there is a possibility that I may get my money back. So i'm optimistic. :]

Oct 02, 2013 at 03:53 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Excellent news!! Keep after 'em. If you don't, they'll let it slide. Good work on your part

Oct 02, 2013 at 04:32 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Yeah Jen! You go girl! Your diligence will pay off. Hopefully this horrible experience will not sour you to dealing with more legitimate members of the FM family. I believe most of us truly value our reputations and deal with others in a professional manner.

Jo

Oct 03, 2013 at 12:50 PM
newone757
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Scammed. Would appreciate any input.

Wow oh wow Jen. I hope you don't mind but I found this thread by doing some research on you (something I always do when dealing with people in the buy and sell forums, trying to be safe) and I am just shocked to see this.

I truly hope that OSI gets to the bottom of this and they throw the UCMJ "book" at him. Like someone else mentioned he is a real disgrace to the uniform (the same uniform inwhich I happen to wear) and it truly saddens me. I really can't even imagine getting scammed like this...I really do admire your composure in this situation and think karma will come back around.

Best of luck with getting a justified resolution and I hope we can do business.

Nov 06, 2013 at 01:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.