Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Shot taken years ago with B&W film.
Recently scanned and processed.

Charlie Shugart 2013

Japanese Women

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:57 AM
Riknik

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Charlie, your old shots coming back to life are intriguing. Digitizing will preserve them for the ages. B&W film records character that's hard to duplicate. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Rick

Sep 06, 2013 at 04:28 AM
SR777
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Thank you very much for sharing. These are awesome! These images from the past evoke thoughts on what it must have been like in Japan and elsewhere at that time. Thanks for the memories.

Sep 06, 2013 at 08:59 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Thanks Rick and SR.
Since we can't control when we were born (), we all just stumble along.
Fortunately for me, I discovered my love of travel early enough to do a whole bunch of it.
And because I had to travel on my own nickel for 95% of it, I was lucky that back then the US dollar was strong.
I wish I had really been into photography in those early years, but the fascinations of the travel experiences were so great that I was simply too busy doing things to take pictures of the things I was doing .
Charlie

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:20 PM

DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

This is a nice picture and exposure. I've always thought that some of the Japanese women look like dolls. The woman on the left with the white shopping bag does.

Sep 07, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

DaveOls wrote:
This is a nice picture and exposure. I've always thought that some of the Japanese women look like dolls. The woman on the left with the white shopping bag does.

Thanks, Dave.
I agree about the doll-like analogy.
I wonder if it's partly because for most Americans, the first images we see of Japanese women are often of Geishas? In some ways, their appearances are quite doll-like.
Charlie

Sep 07, 2013 at 07:28 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

Charlie
I just got a scanner a few weeks ago after seeing your results. It's an Epson V 600, because I needed one to do 120 film also. Couldn't afford the Plustek 120 at $ 2,000. It's been great seeing old pictures that I don't know where the prints are. It's like finding treasure every time I use it.

Sep 08, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Japan----Two Lovely Women

DaveOls wrote:
Charlie
I just got a scanner a few weeks ago after seeing your results. It's an Epson V 600, because I needed one to do 120 film also. Couldn't afford the Plustek 120 at $ 2,000. It's been great seeing old pictures that I don't know where the prints are. It's like finding treasure every time I use it.

Good for you, Otis.
I did 99.99% of my photography before the age of digital cameras, so scanning every slide or negative is a trip down memory lane for me also. I went to some interesting places and did some interesting things- and having a chance to review those experiences while I scan and process the images is proving to be a wonderful way to spend time.
Charlie

Sep 08, 2013 at 06:04 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password