Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Look Book with Yulia

Graham Mitchell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Look Book with Yulia

Some shots from today. Not finished yet but interested to see which one(s) people like.

Edited on Sep 06, 2013 at 11:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:22 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Look Book with Yulia

A very nice set.

#1 & #3 - A high main light is giving you light fall off at the bottom. That keeps the model's face brighter than below, but maybe a bit more light down there would also kick up the pictures.

#2 Only nit is the arms should be bent. Otherwise looking good.

#4 Expression fits the pose. Well done.

Overall, nice background contrast.

Sep 06, 2013 at 05:14 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Look Book with Yulia

These are awesome! love that red dress. Not a fan of #3..her face is too dark/shadowy.

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:16 AM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Look Book with Yulia

I spent some time on your site... great work in the mix ... very creative.

I'm going to sounds like and A-hole but these shots... maybe it's the lighting... the web compression...skin smoothing... poses? Something about these made me take a second look, as I thought you were practicing with a mannequin. Something to me... is just off with the shots. Compared the work you have in your portfolio... I'm just not a fan of the last 3 images.

Just my $.02
Hatch

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Graham Mitchell
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Look Book with Yulia

hatch1921 wrote:
I spent some time on your site... great work in the mix ... very creative.

I'm going to sounds like and A-hole but these shots... maybe it's the lighting... the web compression...skin smoothing... poses? Something about these made me take a second look, as I thought you were practicing with a mannequin. Something to me... is just off with the shots. Compared the work you have in your portfolio... I'm just not a fan of the last 3 images.

Just my $.02
Hatch

I appreciate your candour This is a look book, however, and it's all about showing the clothes in an attractive and clear way to prospective buyers. Shouldn't be too radical.

Sep 06, 2013 at 07:37 AM

Graham Mitchell
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Look Book with Yulia

I took literally one frame as a close up because she was looking too good to waste on full length. This one was just for fun:

Edited on Sep 06, 2013 at 11:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 06, 2013 at 05:18 PM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Look Book with Yulia

Graham Mitchell wrote:
I appreciate your candour This is a look book, however, and it's all about showing the clothes in an attractive and clear way to prospective buyers. Shouldn't be too radical.

No problem, again, I think the work on your site is great!
Hatch

Sep 06, 2013 at 05:26 PM
ripkoken
• •
p.1 #8 · Look Book with Yulia

There is a lot of potential with this model if you can get her to get past the one look she has throughout these photographs. What is missing is the variety, not in her dress or the lighting, but the facial expression and the poses.

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:31 PM
S. Calvino

p.1 #9 · Look Book with Yulia

I understand the emphasis on the product rather than the model, but why are her eyes so processed in the third? Other than that I think the lighting is well done.

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:36 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password