Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

"Esme"

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Esme"

She needed some headshots..i obliged. My 1st "headshot" shoot. Critical feedback + tips/pointers for headshots welcomed.

Sep 05, 2013 at 09:51 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Esme"

Nice lighting in all. Although not technically a headshot, my fav is #1. I just feel that she is revealing a bit of herself in that one.

Sep 05, 2013 at 11:04 PM
gempixel
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Esme"

I like what you've done here! The wrinkled backdrop on the right of #1 is kinda a distraction for my eye. This can very easily be fixed. Also the focus on #1 seems a little off compared to the other? I really enjoying seeing your post so thank you for sharing!

Sep 05, 2013 at 11:20 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Esme"

I like them all. My understanding of the industry is that the lighting/poses are much more 'theatrical' than 'commercial' headshots.

Sep 06, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "Esme"

The first shot is very nice

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:53 AM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "Esme"

I think these are absolutely lovely, esp #1.

The only distraction for me is her knees in #1. I might crop it a little shorter. But they are very nice anyway and she looks good.

Sep 06, 2013 at 08:59 AM

Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "Esme"

I like them all too. Good expressions.

#1 - I have no bias against cropping the tops of heads in general, but this one didn't look good, or the right amount to me.

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:13 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "Esme"

Love them all, especially the 1st. I agree with Jim about the head chop though.

Sep 06, 2013 at 03:24 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "Esme"

I'm going to step out and disagree with everyone. I think your lighting source is set too low for 1, and it throws off the shadows on her face, and it doesn't light up the inside sockets of her eyes as much as I'd like. It seemed to work better for 2 as you got more light into the eyes in 2. I really like No. 2, but I would edit in more contrast. Just my opinion, I'm wrong more than I'm right.

Sep 06, 2013 at 05:42 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "Esme"

Jim Rickards wrote:
I like them all too. Good expressions.

#1 - I have no bias against cropping the tops of heads in general, but this one didn't look good, or the right amount to me.

+1 on this...however, I do like her expression in all

Sep 06, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · "Esme"

Sunny,
I'm not qualified to give much of a critique about these kinds of images- so I'll just give you a man-on-the-street feedback:
I really like all of these- collectively because of the variety, and individually because both you and Esme did well.
#1. I seldom like whacking off parts of a person's head, and I don't like it here either .
#2. That is a beautiful and very real smile, and I like the woman because of it. You can't have a crappy personality- and also have a smile like that.
#3. I'm neutral about the interest value of straight profile portraits.
The processing looks fine to me.
Charlie

Sep 07, 2013 at 12:34 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password