Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       9       end

Archive 2013 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come wi...

sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sculptormic wrote:
I wouldn't know if it is reputable dealer or not. I am not familiar with American dealers.
It looks oké to me. Weeks ago I saw the 6D for sale for a similar price at rythercamera.com

It is very tempting. Would be like € 956,- for a European.

Enlighten me. What could go wrong? No guarantee? Does Canon not have to repear factory faults within a certain period?

canon doesn't have to do anything in the US if you didn't buy from an authorized dealer as far as i know. also, check the customer reviews on the other link.

Sep 24, 2013 at 06:56 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Either way, the point is that if, at MSRP, the FF NEX with lens is around the same price as the 5Diii body only, that's not too bad.

Sep 24, 2013 at 08:15 PM
sculptormic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sebboh wrote:
canon doesn't have to do anything in the US if you didn't buy from an authorized dealer as far as i know. also, check the customer reviews on the other link.

Tjeeez.. I started searching on the web a little about this company... real bad.
They systematicly don't deliver the goods.
How can companys like that exist longer then a few month's?

Well another illusion down the drain..

Anyway I am/we are waiting for the NEX FF and hope it will be good.

Sep 24, 2013 at 08:24 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Places like that exist by changing names. Disgraceful.

@uh-oh - real estate and interior design is where I actually make money. I've been "limping by" with a 5d2 and 24L however I would love a smaller kit.

Right now the nex6 and 10-22 is on my radar. Thinking of keeping the rx1 and going with that combo.

The nex7 I would rather have for ergonomics but the lack of pdaf is a bummer as is the non mui shoe.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a lot of interior design shots with the 10-22 on any nex. So I'm unsure. I doubt I need a ff nex for this because the clients don't print much, or if they do it's not big.

Do you have any examples to share of the architecture you've shot?

Finally I'm still trying to sort out how I'd make it work with flash. I setup fill lights with umbrellas as needed. Very often the designers want o go mid day and the contrast in as from indoor to out requires additional light source inside. I contemplated rrs and stitching the rx1 but I still need something for wider tight interior shots.

I'd love to move away from my canon dslr, but if I go than other system it has to match the capabilities and be close to the iq. The other option is the Tamron UWA zoom and a portrait lens on the 5d, rx1/100 for my personal pleasure.

I can't justify changing the canon system to a ff nex at the prices being discussed here...anymore than I need to upgrade to a 5d3. It's not cost effective for me to move. However perhaps crop nex's will drop in price with the release.

Sep 24, 2013 at 08:33 PM
sculptormic
• • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

douglasf13 wrote:
Either way, the point is that if, at MSRP, the FF NEX with lens is around the same price as the 5Diii body only, that's not too bad.

That would be a good price but nothing is sure yet. I suspect with a new zeiss zoom included it will be more, although I hope not.

I did asked before and someone else put the same question on the table on the previous page; will the regular adapters work as well on a FF NEX. The mount is small and the sensor bigger and I wonder will the light travel well to the corners.
Or is this a silly question?

Sep 24, 2013 at 08:47 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sculptormic wrote:
That would be a good price but nothing is sure yet. I suspect with a new zeiss zoom included it will be more, although I hope not.

I did asked before and someone else put the same question on the table on the previous page; will the regular adapters work as well on a FF NEX. The mount is small and the sensor bigger and I wonder will the light travel well to the corners.
Or is this a silly question?

According to Sony Alpha Rumors the new FF NEX is supposed to have the same E-Mount as the other NEX cameras. The new FF NEX lenses are supposed to fit the older NEX cameras and the older NEX lenses are supposed to fit the FF NEX in a crop mode. So, all of our existing adapters should fit the new camera.

Rich

Sep 24, 2013 at 09:16 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

naturephoto1 wrote:
According to Sony Alpha Rumors the new FF NEX is supposed to have the same E-Mount as the other NEX cameras. The new FF NEX lenses are supposed to fit the older NEX cameras and the older NEX lenses are supposed to fit the FF NEX in a crop mode. So, all of our existing adapters should fit the new camera.

Rich

unless they have stuff stuck in them that will interrupt the FF image such as a baffle, optics (speedboosters), or possibly aperture controls/electronics (AF contax g adapter?).

Sep 24, 2013 at 09:57 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Agree with the logic, Rich. And it makes sense for Sony to do so - maximum flexibility in both directions.

'A 24-70 f/4 zoom would seem a good choice because it would be lighter than 2.8, and contrary to popular belief on modern photo forms f/4 is quite servicable'

The key to this lens design is that it must perform very well right from f4, in the way the older slow max aperture CY lenses did: 35-70/3.4, 80-200/4 and 100/3.5. [It was interesting to see Phil Reeves' fine tests of the 16-70 do poorly at f4, I hope we see this kind of test on a good copy.] They will know users will be looking hard at the FF corners so a slow lens will help get that right also.

Hooligan, it really has to be much much better than the wider range Canon 24-105L. Very different design parameters, different and very discriminating audience, no faster star lens in the lineup, almost certainly Zeiss recent asph development. I hope it's quite small/light too - 350-375 grams.

It can't quite be at top end prime level performance, but it is the most important lens for them, the way to get people out of their DSLRs is better quality in the bread and butter offerings they can afford and want to use, maybe exclusively.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
sculptormic
• • •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

I know all adapters will fit because it's the same mount but what I am afraid of is that there will be severe more vignetting because the sensor surface is bigger.
The light has to go at a wider angle passing closer by the NEX mount especially for instance a lens like the rokkor 58/1,2 with its big surface of glass.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Philip I agree. For the price, intended audience, and 'launch star' it does have to be good.

F4 is serviceable, depends on what you're shooting - and if they sort out the off camera flash.

At f4 with subjects in many kind of motion, you're going to be at ISO 6400 very fast.

I also agree that the body and zoom at 5d iii pricing would be great, but I am not sure that will happen. Pic don't see get entry level combo of those two being less than $3499-3799. The 5diii has dropped in price, from repuatpptabke dealers..the 6d is getting closer to $150@ than $2000 now, unless I misread.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

artur5
• •
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sculptormic wrote:
I know all adapters will fit because it's the same mount but what I am afraid of is that there will be severe more vignetting because the sensor surface is bigger.
The light has to go at a wider angle passing closer by the NEX mount especially for instance a lens like the rokkor 58/1,2 with its big surface of glass.

This is a very interesting question and you might be right.
Yes, in theory, if the adapted lens is FF ( be it Nikkor, Minolta, whatever) and the camera's mount is also FF, all the adapters should work perfectly; no vigneting. However, depending on the optic design of the lens and the construction of the adapter is not impossible that in some models, the internal parts might interfere the light hitting the extreme corners of the sensor.
Probably the issue, if exists at all, will be more noticeable with mounts having the widest throats ( i.e Canon EF).
AFAIK, there aren't reports of mechanical vigneting with adapted glass on the VG900

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/nex-ff-is-said-to-be-competitively-priced/

"A very trusted sources told me that the cheapest of the two NEX-FF models is said to be competitively priced with the low end Canon 6D and Nikon D600 FF cameras. Note: the cheapest FF of the moment is now the Canon 6D. But I think the source was referring to the “normal” non discounted price of the cameras which is around $2,000."

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
sculptormic
• • •
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

artur5 wrote:
This is a very interesting question and you might be right.
Yes, in theory, if the adapted lens is FF ( be it Nikkor, Minolta, whatever) and the camera's mount is also FF, all the adapters should work perfectly; no vigneting. However, depending on the optic design of the lens and the construction of the adapter is not impossible that in some models, the internal parts might interfere the light hitting the extreme corners of the sensor.
Probably the issue, if exists at all, will be more noticeable with mounts having the widest throats ( i.e Canon EF).
AFAIK, there
...Show more

Thanks for answering on this artur.

I ran into this article http://www.dkloi.co.uk/?p=1086 which has me reassured that it will work. I also looked at some youtube films with the VG900 (thanks for that) with a lot of fast lenses including the Rokkor 58/1.2

Even more now I can't wait for this camera. Because I want to go FF (for bigger printing) I was on the blink of buying a 6D (but no for the sensor) or a A99 (but no for adapting lenses)

Patience....

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sculptormic wrote:
Thanks for answering on this artur.

I ran into this article http://www.dkloi.co.uk/?p=1086 which has me reassured that it will work. I also looked at some youtube films with the VG900 (thanks for that) with a lot of fast lenses including the Rokkor 58/1.2

Even more now I can't wait for this camera. Because I want to go FF (for bigger printing) I was on the blink of buying a 6D (but no for the sensor) or a A99 (but no for adapting lenses)

Patience....

actually, canon FF dslrs have some trouble with mechanical vignetting caused by the mirror box on some of those fast lenses. you'll often see it in the clipped oof highlights with the rokkor or even 85L native lens. i believe that most adapters should probably do better than that.

Sep 25, 2013 at 06:27 PM
Matt Grum
• •
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sebboh wrote:
actually, canon FF dslrs have some trouble with mechanical vignetting caused by the mirror box on some of those fast lenses. you'll often see it in the clipped oof highlights with the rokkor or even 85L native lens. i believe that most adapters should probably do better than that.

Quick example of this occurring at moderate to close focus distance:

85 f/1.2 on Canon 5D.

I agree the FF NEX has the potential at least for less clipping of the light cone with ultrafast lenses.

Sep 30, 2013 at 01:14 PM
serhan_
• •
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Nothing new, but 2 Sony FF w/ fixed viewfinders will be announced in 2 weeks. It is good to have a cheaper model initially...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-two-e-mount-ff-to-be-announced-in-two-weeks/

Oct 02, 2013 at 02:18 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

serhan_ wrote:
Nothing new, but 2 Sony FF w/ fixed viewfinders will be announced in 2 weeks. It is good to have a cheaper model initially...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-two-e-mount-ff-to-be-announced-in-two-weeks/

But SAR goes on to say:

"And two of them also told me that the cameras are not branded as a NEX-9 series. And there may be a surprise too because there could be one substantial design change compared to the NEX-7."

So that may be new. Hopefully the cameras will allow for a remote cable as this would allow for remote triggering including for taking lightning photos.

Rich

Oct 02, 2013 at 02:26 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

OM-D style..wow

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/nex-ff-biggest-surprise-sony-decides-to-go-for-an-olympus-omd-alike-design/

Oct 03, 2013 at 07:41 AM
sculptormic
• • •
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

Yeah that's a nice surprise to me although I personally like the viewfinder on the left instead of in the middle. It means I have to wash my nose more regularly against nose smearing on the LCD

But seriously for people with best eye on the right it is kind of neat to have the viewfinder on the left, but that is very personal, of course.

Things start to look good! I hope it will not be too small because I find the RX1 a bit on the small side, but a bigger grip is a good thing.

Oct 03, 2013 at 08:14 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · Sony Full Frame attack: (SR5) Three E-mount FF to come within 5 months!

sculptormic wrote:
Yeah that's a nice surprise to me although I personally like the viewfinder on the left instead of in the middle. It means I have to wash my nose more regularly against nose smearing on the LCD

But seriously for people with best eye on the right it is kind of neat to have the viewfinder on the left, but that is very personal, of course.

Things start to look good! I hope it will not be too small because I find the RX1 a bit on the small side, but a bigger grip is a good thing.

Then why not buy a dslr?

The point of mirrorless cameras is to be as tiny as possible, while still retaining great image quality and high end features.

I hope its just as small as the RX1 or even smaller.

Oct 03, 2013 at 08:30 AM
       9       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

9       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password