FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The Red Container

helenica
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Red Container

This is a remake of an old image. It was originally one of a set of three takes of a washed up jerry can on a deserted beach in the winter. I had agreed to include this shot at an exposition next weekend where 10 of my shots will be shown in A2 format. This shot has given me massive headaches over the last few days. It is from my 20D/Tamron 28-70 days. Until now I had never printed it larger than A4 in which it looked perfectly fine. Printed in A2 however, the noise and banding suddenly looked awful. Combined with this were sploggy areas where the sensor/lens combination just couldn't resolve the detail. Removing the noise just made these even worse. I have spent hours in the last few days playing with masks to camoflage as much as possible and finally I have a print that I am happy with. It is also good to see how much better my newer shots are in large format.

greetings,
Helen

Sep 04, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Red Container

Lovely leading lines Helen I'm still trying to figure out what the red object is...

Tim

Sep 05, 2013 at 01:24 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Red Container

I prefer it without the can actually. I adore the sky and the lovely curve of the shoreline. Excellent!

Ute

Sep 05, 2013 at 02:08 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Red Container

While it would be a nice shot without the can, I think the can adds some mystery to it. How did it get there? Where has it been? Surely the can has a story, but we will never hear it.

Sep 05, 2013 at 05:14 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Red Container

I agree with Ute. While I like the stand out color of the bright red it's position doesn't match the flow on the sand around it making it obvious that it was added later.

Sep 05, 2013 at 08:34 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Red Container

I like it, the exposure and composition are perfect, and it has some mystery behind.

Sasha.

Sep 05, 2013 at 09:27 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.