Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

longisland.km
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Just a heads up if anybody is interested.

Looks like these might be getting cleared out on amazon.com

The DB-52 and the FB-44 are going for $199.

Sep 04, 2013 at 01:44 AM
Bearmann
• • •
p.1 #2 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Well, I was going to ask what these are, but I guess if you have to ask, you don't need one.

Sep 04, 2013 at 03:54 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

They're very nice Chinese ballheads sold by OEC, a vender on Amazon. OEC also sells them on Amazon for the same price. Very reliable guy and fast shipper. If you buy it on Ebay he'll make a little more money. Amazon really takes a huge commission out of its venders...

Probably not a clearance but a price drop.

Sep 04, 2013 at 05:02 AM
DearDuck

p.1 #4 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Sep 06, 2013 at 04:02 AM
aubsxc
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

I've bought Sunwayfoto panoramic gear from OEC on Amazon without issues. Very well made stuff, and costs much less than some name brands.

Sep 06, 2013 at 12:21 PM
tuantran
• •
p.1 #6 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Thanks for the heads up! Mine just came today and it meets or surpasses my AS Monoball B1. The tension knob feels more solid than my AS. The panning on my AS pans has less friction than the DB-52LR. Both finishes are extremely close in quality that you can't tell that it's half the price. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #7 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

tuantran wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Mine just came today and it meets or surpasses my AS Monoball B1. The tension knob feels more solid than my AS. The panning on my AS pans has less friction than the DB-52LR. Both finishes are extremely close in quality that you can't tell that it's half the price. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

But if I rember right, then Arca-Swiss replaced that ballhead more than 10 years ago. So a comparison with the ballheads from AS today would be more fair

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:54 AM
tuantran
• •
p.1 #8 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Erik_J wrote:
But if I rember right, then Arca-Swiss replaced that ballhead more than 10 years ago. So a comparison with the ballheads from AS today would be more fair

You are correct but that ball head is still very good and I paid close to $500. I guess I'm heading to the photo store tomorrow.

Sep 14, 2013 at 07:15 AM
longisland.km
• •
p.1 #9 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Erik_J wrote:

Hi Eric,

well, I have an Arca Swiss Z1. One of my colleagues was shopping for a ballhead, and a search on Amazon popped up the Sunwayfoto ones (this is when I found out about the deal and posted it here).

In any case, it seems pretty well made. At half the price of my Z1, I think it is a terrific bargain. If I didn't have a Z1, I would have picked up the DB-52 as well.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Sunway also "steal and use" photo's from FM members without permission. To sell their ballheads. Here is one of the threads
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1098631/0

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

I've found a lot of my images on Ebay being used by sellers of photo gear. Stealing images, music, movies, articles and textbooks is so common I hear students openly bragging about it in class. Stealing intellectual property has become 100% socially acceptable and if you speak up and tell them they are ripping off other artists--these are fine arts students--they think you're crazy or an unreasonable OF.

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:27 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Gochugogi wrote:
I've found a lot of my images on Ebay being used by sellers of photo gear. Stealing images, music, movies, articles and textbooks is so common I hear students openly bragging about it in class. Stealing intellectual property has become 100% socially acceptable and if you speak up and tell them they are ripping off other artists--these are fine arts students--they think you're crazy or an unreasonable OF.

Yes it's terrible. But even worse when a company selling photo equipment is doing it.

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:51 AM
longisland.km
• •
p.1 #13 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
Yes it's terrible. But even worse when a company selling photo equipment is doing it.

Is it super extra worse when a church steals your photo and uses it for their website banner for a few years? Good old tineye and the wayback machine helped me track that down.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #14 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

After reading that thread about Sunwayfoto, I would not buy any ballhead from them

Sep 15, 2013 at 06:46 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

I think most instances of image theft are due to an individual employee and is not a policy of the company. The theft will not come to light unless somebody complains to management. With the new millennium generation taking jobs, I'm positive every company big and small is plagued with theft of intellectual property, especially images. Newspapers and TV are grabbing images off social media and using in stories without credits. I see it almost daily. Even a major camera manufacturer got nailed last year due to a young employee...

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:01 PM
tuantran
• •
p.1 #16 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Dang it! I now feel ripped-off. Put this item on iphones, Nike, Tobacco companies, some pharmaceutical companies and the list goes on.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #17 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

They have also stolen Arca-Swiss' patented elliptical ball too. From the Amazon ad: "Elliptical Ball for progressive resistance."

They could get sued by A-S for that I would think.

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:10 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

Perhaps the patent has expired.

EBH

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:32 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

peter_n wrote:
They have also stolen Arca-Swiss' patented elliptical ball too. From the Amazon ad: "Elliptical Ball for progressive resistance."

They could get sued by A-S for that I would think.

Good luck suing a mainland China company with no offshore offices...

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:59 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #20 · Sunwayfoto DB-52 and FB-44 for $199

EB-1 wrote:
Perhaps the patent has expired.

Maybe it has but it's not that old, and also I think other manufacturers would have jumped on the bandwagon. Markins and Photo Clam are the two best copies of the B1/Z1 but they have stayed spherical so far. Perhaps they're waiting to see what happens.

Gochugogi wrote:
Good luck suing a mainland China company with no offshore offices...

Yes too true! They could sue them locally in Nimes fairly inexpensively though. It's an engineering company and apparently somewhat retiring in culture it so it probably won't happen.

Sep 17, 2013 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password