New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · USPS...

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · USPS...

any of you all notice major changes in the tracking accuracy of USPS? I ordered a lens from a gentleman via our B&S and every stage of the shipping/transit process was recorded in a timely manner. Quite unusual over a holiday weekend, at least for me. Apparently USPS is also giving a # of days for delivery. Again, I'm not sure if this is new info, but it sure helps when I've got meetings scheduled back to back and I need to be home to sign for it. Speaking of meetings .....

Sep 03, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · USPS...

Its been like that for a while..

Sep 03, 2013 at 01:12 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · USPS...

anthonysemone wrote:
any of you all notice major changes in the tracking accuracy of USPS? I ordered a lens from a gentleman via our B&S and every stage of the shipping/transit process was recorded in a timely manner. Quite unusual over a holiday weekend, at least for me. Apparently USPS is also giving a # of days for delivery. Again, I'm not sure if this is new info, but it sure helps when I've got meetings scheduled back to back and I need to be home to sign for it. Speaking of meetings .....

Heh Brother!
Was it sent Priority? If so USPS has revamped its "all in one" Priority service. Increased tracking along with delivery confirmation, now all built into the new pricing.

Now the days for delivery has been there for awhile, at least in my shipping.

BUT , I live 25 miles from DC and it still takes 2-5 days for a letter to get there!!!!
Glad everything worked out!
Dan

Sep 04, 2013 at 08:21 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · USPS...

I just shipped a camera USPS regular mail (not Priority) and they gave me an accurate "scheduled delivery" date.

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:54 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · USPS...

My tracking is a bad as ever. I will look up a box and it say out for delivery. Get it about 3 days later if I am lucky. I think a lot has to do with local management.

Sep 04, 2013 at 06:46 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · USPS...

The usual is the norm: deliveries arriving a day or more after 'scheduled delivery date'. Agree on the local mis-management.

Kenny

Sep 05, 2013 at 03:13 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · USPS...

Bought something from Utah for delivery to New York. Guy sent it priority . It arrived 16 days later!
New Postal rules

Sep 05, 2013 at 07:50 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · USPS...

Allynb wrote:
Bought something from Utah for delivery to New York. Guy sent it priority . It arrived 16 days later!
New Postal rules

not likely, they also have new scanners that uploads ASAP, it may have falling in between the cracks? did you call you local main office? did you call their main office? any acts of God, floods, earthquakes, or even wrecks? *disclaimer*, a loved one is an employee, so I am biased
However, I ship worldwide, USPS Priority, almost exclusively, and the only time, I had a problem, was when this guy on ebay took my 700$ for a nice 85mm 1.4d, said he shipped, nearly a week went by, and although he was in California too, I had no lens, and while he "vacationed" in Europe, I had no lens, and he had many excuses, paypal actually let me win, money back, weeks past, no lens, he still claimed, it was lost, sure, "lost".
im not saying they (USPS) are perfect, but I use them often, and, since 1996 or so, I have had little troubles, but, again, i am biased!

Sep 10, 2013 at 03:04 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · USPS...

They showed every step, but it doesn't mean they are accurate.

I have had more than one occasions when "Express Mails" were supposed to be delivered by 3pm, or guaranteed money back. They arrived later, but online system always showed delivered before 3pm. The worst scenario I've had was, not only it's supposed to be delivered by 3pm, the lady who supposed to carry an express mail package to my door came about about 5pm (2 hours late) and was just too lazy to come to the door. She put a notice in my mailbox and left before I could catch her. I wish I had a camcorder in hand.

I have had an express mail that I shipped that was supposed to go to California showed online as delivered just an hour after I dropped it off. There even was a signature confirmation that I could request online. In the end, it appeared that the postal worker who accepted the package incorrectly scanned it. But the question remains is whose signature was it?

The list of issues goes on and on. And this explains why insurance rate with USPS is the most expensive.

But, oh, well, I still ship with USPS.

Sep 12, 2013 at 09:45 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.